Brand new ticwatch C2 wont turn on

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
stephanie.fisher
Cash on hand: Locked

Brand new ticwatch C2 wont turn on

Post by stephanie.fisher » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi all. My brand new C2 was just delivered and it isnt turning on. I just watched a youtube video of unboxing and first look at the C2 and he just holds down the power button and it comes to life (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKYD_dFAyE) if i do the same absolutely nothing happens. I now have it on to charge but it is still showing no signs of life. Have I just been sent a broken one? Is this representative of the quality of Mobvoi watches? I'm so disappointed and fed up, and I've got to wait until Monday to call their service center. Did anyone else have this - how did you get it to turn on?

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Brand new ticwatch C2 wont turn on

Post by garrywadams » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:39 pm

Holding the power button should turn on the watch. Putting it on the charger dock should also power it on if it is off and there is enough juice to start.

First thing to check is the fit on the dock. Make sure the pins are making good contact.

If it appears that the connection on the dock is good, then check the power brick it is connected to. Mobvoi recommends a 5V 1.5A adapter to charge TicWatch models.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
stephanie.fisher

Post by stephanie.fisher » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:06 am

Hi Garry, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately holding down the power button does absolutely nothing. The watch has a good fit in the dock and the pins are making contact and that does absolutely nothing either (it has been in the dock now for 6 hours and is still completely unresponsive). The charger ends in a USB. I have tried it in two different wall-to-usb adapters (both of which work fine to charge my phone) and still the watch is dead. It appears that I have spent £180 on nothing more than a fancy-looking leather strap

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:08 am

Stephanie,
Please open a ticket with support@mobvoi.com. I don't know if your issue is with the charger dock or the watch itself, but it sounds like a warranty issue to me.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Please PM me if you have any issues with the ticket escalation. I can reach out to customer service of necessary. You'll need a ticket open first either way, though.

Thanks.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
whatsgoingon84

Post by whatsgoingon84 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:48 pm

I'm having the same problem. I threw it on the charger before I left the house but I had to run and I'll check it when I get back but it had no power when I opened it and I put it on the charger with no animation or anything letting me know it was charging. I hope it's not dead since I paid $200 for it

no avatar
whatsgoingon84

Post by whatsgoingon84 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:20 pm

I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM and am really REALLY upset that i spent $200 on this watch just for it to arrive broken. Please help us resolve this issue

no avatar
toni.defrutos

Post by toni.defrutos » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:21 pm

I buy muy C2 in Amazon. I have the same problem . I am in Spain.

no avatar
jerrymarshall67

Post by jerrymarshall67 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:20 pm

wow i just bought 2 of these watches, they haven't arrived yet, but keeping my fingers crossed that they don't have this issue

no avatar
robberryblues

Post by robberryblues » Fri May 01, 2020 2:13 pm

I have just received my watch and it won't turn on either and it looks like I am not the only one. This indicates there is a known issue and Mobvoi continues to ship faulty items. i am afraid if this is the way its going to be I have a lot of social media followers that I can warn about your product. furthermore its Chinese.......say no more

no avatar
robberryblues

Post by robberryblues » Fri May 01, 2020 2:24 pm

I am disgusted with this