Ticwatch E-Replacement Watch and STILL NO NOTIFICATIONS!!!

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

Sabertooth
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Ticwatch E-Replacement Watch and STILL NO NOTIFICATIONS!!!

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Greetings Cfjean!

One last thing occurred to me. If you are using a Samsung app for messaging then try switching to the Google Messaging app to test whether there is a compatibility issue.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:02 pm

Good Morning Sabertooth,

So on Jul 3 in the morning, I got a flurry of notifications...mostly from LinkedIn, Gmail, and my 3rd party messaging app, Chomp. I received no notifications from any of my more active apps like FB and a few others.

Since the that morning for about an hour, no other notifications whatsoever. I'm going to reset the watch and just see what happens. Will update you.

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:20 pm

Greetings Cfjean!

Thanks for the follow-up! Seems like an improvement but not quite the fix we were hoping for. Let me know how the reset goes.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Hey Sabertooth,

So just a brief update....it seems that notifications come in on Mondays and then they just kind of go away. It makes no sense to me what's going on. Now the watch does communicate with the phone for the most part for calling and transferring steps/workout info with the Mobvoi phone app. Not sure how well that's being transferred over to Google Fit..i'll have to check. I did add Feel the Wear on both thinking it was helping with notifications. Obviously there is some app or software on the phone preventing notifications getting to the watch. I'm having a hard time believing both watches just stopped receiving them when all else with the watches work fine.

Another thing I notice is that when I charge it overnight, it's usually at it's end within an hour period. But if I start the charging process anytime b4 it depeletes and it charges all the way up, the charge will last for longer than the 8hr period. I can deal with this issue for the most part. The notifications are my biggest issue.

Any continued insight would definitely help on the notification side. Thanks again!

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:07 pm

Greetings Cfjean06!
Cfjean06 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:05 pm
Hey Sabertooth,

So just a brief update....it seems that notifications come in on Mondays and then they just kind of go away. It makes no sense to me what's going on. Now the watch does communicate with the phone for the most part for calling and transferring steps/workout info with the Mobvoi phone app. Not sure how well that's being transferred over to Google Fit..i'll have to check. I did add Feel the Wear on both thinking it was helping with notifications. Obviously there is some app or software on the phone preventing notifications getting to the watch. I'm having a hard time believing both watches just stopped receiving them when all else with the watches work fine.

Another thing I notice is that when I charge it overnight, it's usually at it's end within an hour period. But if I start the charging process anytime b4 it depeletes and it charges all the way up, the charge will last for longer than the 8hr period. I can deal with this issue for the most part. The notifications are my biggest issue.

Any continued insight would definitely help on the notification side. Thanks again!
That is indeed strange behavior. For the purposes of troubleshooting, I would probably recommend to simplify is best so not to use the Feel the Wear app while testing.

I'll push your issue in to an in-house support channel and see if there's any others suggestions. But, before I do, Let me make sure I understand the current situation and have as complete information as possible. Can you list specific apps that you want/expect to receive notifications from but aren't. Do you receive the notifications from those apps on Mondays?

Not an official statement, but I believe the battery technology in use performs best in the 20-80% charging range. Battery optimization is pretty aggressive on the smartwatches due to their small batteries and limited duration of use. Things like the radios would be turned off when not in use to conserve battery life so not being connected all the time is actually normal. The connection should occur when needed and it seems like it probably is working that way. Things that run the sensors or radios a lot will certainly run down the watch more quickly. (i.e. 24 hr monitoring). IOW, how you use the watch is somewhat responsible for battery usage, even the watch face you choose can have a big impact. The battery is small and needs to be managed for longer duration use. I can usually get around 20 hours but some watch faces I tested only gave me 12 hours and others as long as 30+ hours.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Thanks for the information on the battery issue, Sabertooth. I completely agree. I've noticed using the TIcwatch faces are much better on consumption. If you are able to provide information on the watch faces that give 30hrs, please share.

In regards to the notification issue. I took Feel the Wear off of the watch and phone. Typically on Mondays I would receive notifications for a bit and then nothing. Unfortunately I have not received any notifications from the phone except phone calls and any watch app updates. I was surprised to not receive any notifications a at a minimum from the LinkedIn App on my phone on Mondays.

Thank you so much for all of your help, but this is very frustrating to say the least especially with this being my second watch in less than one year of purchase. My main reason for purchasing the watch was to receive notifications on it while out in the field when I couldn't pull my phone out in certain chemical process areas. All other functions work perfectly on it EXCEPT app notifications from the phone.

I'm not sure if it's something on my phone blocking notifications or what but I would assume if phone calls will pass to the watch, notifications should as well.

Very frustrated......

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:29 pm

I apologize for not providing the info you requested as far as what apps I want notifications from: Messenger, Ring, GroupMe, WhatsApp, and my third party text app Chomp.

I do have the messenger app on my watch as well

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Greetings Cfjean06!

I have escalated your issue for in-house review and it appears that I did miss one setting right off the bat. Do you have your phone set to show notifications on the lock screen? If you don't, this can prevent the notifications from showing on the watch. Also, as a side note, if the app is open on the phone, the notifications won't be sent. You'll find the setting in the Notifications section of your phones Settings and it should be set to Show all notifications.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:39 pm

Thanks Sabertooth!

To answer your questions, yes I have them showing on the lock screen and the notifications are turned on.

qiangzhang

Post by qiangzhang » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:15 am

On Samsung Android 9 phone you need:
1.Phone settings - Apps - Wear OS - Notifications - Turn on 'Show notifications',and then turn on all the switches on the bottom.
2.Phone settings - Apps - Wear OS - Permissions - Turn on all of the permissions.
3.Phone settings - Apps - Wear OS - Battery - Make sure 'Optimize battery usage' shown as 'Not optimized'.
4.On the phone home screen- Click on the multitasking menu- Find Wear OS card - tap Wear OS icon - choose 'Lock this app' to lock the app running at phone background.
5.Phone settings- Apps- Messages -Notifications- Turn on 'Show notifications'.
6.Phone settings- Apps- another Messages app(Samsung phone has 2 text apps which all named as Messages...) -Notifications- Turn on 'Show notifications'.