Ticwatch E-Replacement Watch and STILL NO NOTIFICATIONS!!!

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

Sabertooth
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Ticwatch E-Replacement Watch and STILL NO NOTIFICATIONS!!!

Post by Sabertooth » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Thanks qiangzhang!

Cfjean06!

Please try the steps suggested. I think there are a couple things we missed before.

I left you a private message.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Thank you qiangzhang! Even though my phone is a Samsung S8+, I'll see if it works and report back.

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Qiangzhang/Sabertooth,

All changes have been made as requested. I even turned the watch off and on. No change. Nothing.

Is there something specific perhaps that I need to look at with this phone being a Samnsung S8+ or maybe some security patch that was added?

I will say when I had the Feel The Wear App on both the watch and phone, I would receive messages at least from the LinkedIn app on my phone at a maximum of once a week.

At present, I have data transfer between the Mobvoi and Google Fit Apps on both phone and watch. I also have phone calls that will route to the watch. But notifications, none this week except updates to apps on the watch itself.

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:41 am

Just FYI...I decided to test this app out called Watch Droid Phone. The companion app for the watch is called Watch Droid Assistant. I paid a one time fee of $1.99 for the premium version of it. The results:

It passes all notifications to the phone that I choose and very quickly. I can control various aspects of the notifications and such but it works. I can use it 5o find the phone, etc. The set up was flawless and very quick.

The downside of it is I can't access the notifications swiping down like with Wear. After it flashes across the watch face for as long as I want, I have to go into the app on the watch to access them. I can respond to virtually all messages with it. It will pass phone calls, etc. Slight inconvenience to have to push the button and go a few steps to read them.

So I'm starting to think there is a communcation/compatibility issue between the Wear OS App on the phone and the Wear OS app on the watch. The Phone Wear OS app shows notifications are being sent to the watch, but nothing appears on the watch. I've noticed that Wear on my phone is constantly through out the day looking for updates.

Thoughts???

qiangzhang

Post by qiangzhang » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:46 am

What notification you can not receive? I can try it on my S8+.

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:49 am

I receive no notifications on my watch from my phone using Wear OS.

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:27 pm

FYI...

Today Wear OS had an update.....everything seems to be back normal with notifications and everything!

Thank you both Qiangzhang and Sabertooth!

I know in the future, with all of the techniques you provided, if I'm not getting any notifications, it's probably the OS Wear App and I need to switch to Watch Droid Phone App to get them in the interim.

Thanks again!

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Cfjean06 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:27 pm
FYI...

Today Wear OS had an update.....everything seems to be back normal with notifications and everything!

Thank you both Qiangzhang and Sabertooth!

I know in the future, with all of the techniques you provided, if I'm not getting any notifications, it's probably the OS Wear App and I need to switch to Watch Droid Phone App to get them in the interim.

Thanks again!
Greetings Cfjean06!

That's good news! It's sometimes difficult to find where the problem lies when there are so many moving parts. Happy to hear you are back in business. Hopefully, the Ticwatch will fulfill your work needs now.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

qiangzhang

Post by qiangzhang » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:39 am

After upgrade all of the apps to the latest on watch, I can receive text and Gmail , social media notifications.
For additional, the notification is mirrored from phone, so if you can't receive notifications , you need check your phone notification bar to see if there is a notification under there(personal experience.).

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:17 am

Thank you qiangzhang .

All these things were working on the phone in the end. The problem eventually was discovered that the version of Wear OS on my phone for some reason was not compatible to the version of Wear OS on my watch. It wasn't until Wear OS on my phone updated a week or so ago and everything worked fine.

As I mentioned before, I was able to use another app that worked perfectly in the interim. That's when I realized it was Wear OS. once the update kicked in, all was well.

Thanks again! Problem solved!