TicWatch E2 Pairing Trouble

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
vsmisli
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by vsmisli » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:02 am

Good day!
I received an E2 watch from the Aliexpress platform and cannot connect it to my phone. When you try to connect, the message "Your watch data is being transferred ..." appears and the progress does not change for more than one hour. I try this on different phones, the same result.
I updated the phones, reset the clock, phones, installed the Wear OS, cleaned the cache, reset the phone. All is useless.
At the same time, the phone sees the clock, can connect to it, but in the main menu the Wear OS does not load the data.
The clock sees the wifi network properly.

Video https://youtu.be/7xye7vY-06A
In the attachment of photos from different stages of the process.
Three days without result.
I really liked the watch externally, I would like to use it in the future.

How can i fix this?
Maybe flush the clock through the cable from the computer to the stock firmware E2?
Attachments
IMG_20190816_195805.jpg
IMG_20190816_195805.jpg (626.01 KiB) Viewed 960 times
IMG_20190816_101146.jpg
IMG_20190816_101146.jpg (213.46 KiB) Viewed 960 times
IMG_20190816_101131.jpg
IMG_20190816_101131.jpg (209 KiB) Viewed 960 times
IMG_20190816_101109.jpg
IMG_20190816_101109.jpg (248.4 KiB) Viewed 960 times
IMG_20190816_101013.jpg
IMG_20190816_101013.jpg (142.93 KiB) Viewed 960 times

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Re: TicWatch E2 Pairing Trouble

Post by Aathif Mahir » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:10 am

vsmisli wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:02 am
Good day!
I received an E2 watch from the Aliexpress platform and cannot connect it to my phone. When you try to connect, the message "Your watch data is being transferred ..." appears and the progress does not change for more than one hour. I try this on different phones, the same result.
I updated the phones, reset the clock, phones, installed the Wear OS, cleaned the cache, reset the phone. All is useless.
At the same time, the phone sees the clock, can connect to it, but in the main menu the Wear OS does not load the data.
The clock sees the wifi network properly.

Video https://youtu.be/7xye7vY-06A
In the attachment of photos from different stages of the process.
Three days without result.
I really liked the watch externally, I would like to use it in the future.

How can i fix this?
Maybe flush the clock through the cable from the computer to the stock firmware E2?
Hi vsmisli,

Please do the followings steps and let us know if that solved your issue.
  • Reset the watch (again) but don't proceed with setup just yet.
  • In the Wear app on your phone, tap the three-dot menu button and choose the Disconnect option.
    In the Wear app on your phone, go to Settings > Device Settings > Watch Name > Unpair.
  • On your phone, go to Settings > Connected devices > Bluetooth, tap the gear icon next to the watch, and touch Forget.
  • On your phone, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > All apps > Google Play services > Storage > Clear Cache, then Manage Space > Manage Wearable Storage > Clear Now.
  • On your phone, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > All apps > Android Wear > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache.
  • Reboot the phone, then try to proceed through the Wear OS setup again.
Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
TheAttorney

Post by TheAttorney » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:27 pm

I have the same problem with my new ticwatch e2 and also have a xiaomi phone, redmi note 7 with miui (android) up to date.

Hereafter a video of the same bug, pairing stuck while importing information from the watch.

I have tried and followed precisely many times your procedure above with no success.

Please provide urgently a solution.
Thx

Aathif Mahir

Post by Aathif Mahir » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:44 am

TheAttorney wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:27 pm
I have the same problem with my new ticwatch e2 and also have a xiaomi phone, redmi note 7 with miui (android) up to date.

Hereafter a video of the same bug, pairing stuck while importing information from the watch.

I have tried and followed precisely many times your procedure above with no success.

Please provide urgently a solution.
Thx
Hi TheAttorney,

Did you tried the following steps, If not please do the following steps.
  • Reset the watch (again) but don't proceed with setup just yet.
  • In the Wear app on your phone, tap the three-dot menu button and choose the Disconnect option.
    In the Wear app on your phone, go to Settings > Device Settings > Watch Name > Unpair.
  • On your phone, go to Settings > Connected devices > Bluetooth, tap the gear icon next to the watch, and touch Forget.
  • On your phone, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > All apps > Google Play services > Storage > Clear Cache, then Manage Space > Manage Wearable Storage > Clear Now.
  • On your phone, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > All apps > Android Wear > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache.
  • Reboot the phone, then try to proceed through the Wear OS setup again.
Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
TheAttorney

Post by TheAttorney » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:17 pm

Thx for reply.

Yes I did it but still not pairing. I did everything possible, and still nothing. Why is this not compatible with xiaomi android/miui phones? Maybe other phones may have the same problem?

Mobvoi must take these issues seriously and find a solution or inform custumers that this watch is Not compatible with their phones. I have lost so much time with this. I do not know whos fault is it (xiaomi or mobvoi) but the fact is that I love my xiaomi phone and I am not ready to change it for a smartwatch. So mobvoi have to sit with xiaomi and sort this out. You are making customers not want anymore your brand and/or any smartwatch.

Thx

Aathif Mahir

Post by Aathif Mahir » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:20 pm

TheAttorney wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:17 pm
Thx for reply.

Yes I did it but still not pairing. I did everything possible, and still nothing. Why is this not compatible with xiaomi android/miui phones? Maybe other phones may have the same problem?

Mobvoi must take these issues seriously and find a solution or inform custumers that this watch is Not compatible with their phones. I have lost so much time with this. I do not know whos fault is it (xiaomi or mobvoi) but the fact is that I love my xiaomi phone and I am not ready to change it for a smartwatch. So mobvoi have to sit with xiaomi and sort this out. You are making customers not want anymore your brand and/or any smartwatch.

Thx
Hi TheAttorney,

We are really very sorry for the issue your facing with pairing your device, We'll get back to soon with a solution.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
Perks

Post by Perks » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:40 pm

Hello
I've the exact problem. The watch doesn't pair while my zenwatch works perfectly, at it worked with my previous phones

Please, can you give me some help?

no avatar
BeJimmieNon

Post by BeJimmieNon » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:49 am

thanks for the reply that was what I was looking for, Ill give it a try were at the last step I knew it was going to good there had to be a hitch somewhere

Aathif Mahir

Post by Aathif Mahir » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:26 pm

BeJimmieNon wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:49 am
thanks for the reply that was what I was looking for, Ill give it a try were at the last step I knew it was going to good there had to be a hitch somewhere
Hi BeJimmieNon,

If you still had the pairing issue with all the above solution, Then please create a warranty ticket by briefly explaining your issue with some screenshots in the Below link.
https://support.mobvoi.com/

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
serranarpeggios

Post by serranarpeggios » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:03 am

Hello,

I have the exact same issue, Ticwatch E2 with Xiaomi Redmi Note 7. I have tried all the steps several times, it doesnt work.

Is there a solution?