Not able to send a text or use assistant

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
mattyg3535
Cash on hand: Locked

Not able to send a text or use assistant

Post by mattyg3535 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:05 am

I am getting the still unanswered Cannot Connect to Google at the Moment error. Updated to 2.17 and I cannot send a text via the watch. Tried all combinations. Wifi off and on, Watch with Wifi on and off. I either get a message that goes all the way to the SEND moment and just blanks out without confirmation of sent text OR I get the Cannot connect to Phone, YET IT IS CONNECTED.
How does anyone think this watch is any good? I had an original Ticwatch E that I threw in a lake because of these problems.
Since then I am using a Google Pixel 3a with android 10.
I just don't get it?
Also I see topics with 4,000 plus views and 2 responses. Is Mobvoi even trying???

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Re: Not able to send a text or use assistant

Post by Mobvoi » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:03 am

Hi,

Please try rebooting your device by holding down the side power button for 10-15 seconds, or until the watch restarts. For sending a text or using assistant, ensure the watch is well connected to WIFI or paired up with phone. For a step by step guide on how to pair your new Ticwatch, please see the following tutorial videos:
- How to pair your Ticwatch with an Android device: https://youtu.be/sQylPagylRQ

Let us know if that fixes the problem, thanks!

Best,

Mobvoi

no avatar
karce64

Re: Not able to send a text or use assistant

Post by karce64 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:42 pm

The ticwatch software is out of date and they haven't kept up to google's updates.

Uninstall the Google app updates on your phone. It'll get it working again. You'll have to disable auto-update apps on your phone so that it doesn't mess it up again with an overnight update.

This is 100% an issue with Mobvoi for not staying up to date with Google updates.