Firmware Update

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
nokian
Cash on hand: Locked

Firmware Update

Post by nokian » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:05 pm

Is there a firmware Update??????

I got the Ticpods Free from the Indiegogo campaign back in October last year. The mobvoi app on my android phone has always said that the firmware is "Already the latest version".

The firmware that’s on the Ticpods is what ever it was sent out with , I am not sure how to check firmware version?

Nokian

no avatar
DaVoS

Re: Firmware Update

Post by DaVoS » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:57 pm

Same Problem....

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Re: Firmware Update

Post by Sabertooth » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:18 pm

nokian wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:05 pm
Is there a firmware Update??????

I got the Ticpods Free from the Indiegogo campaign back in October last year. The mobvoi app on my android phone has always said that the firmware is "Already the latest version".

The firmware that’s on the Ticpods is what ever it was sent out with , I am not sure how to check firmware version?

Nokian
DaVoS wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:57 pm
Same Problem....
Greetings nokian and DaVoS!

There is currently one stable release (V023) officially available which addresses sound quality and touch gestures issues and one unstable release (V026) only available by request which adds ACC codec support but is NOT recommended unless you REALLY want ACC.

The firmware is processed through the Mobvoi app (available in the Play store for android phones so everyone knows). When an update is available for your Ticpods, you will see a red dot next to them in the Mobvoi app. If you don't see the red dot and you're sure you didn't get the update, you can request a special push which is typically processed within 24 hours. To get the push for the V023 update, open the Mobvoi app and click on the account (little person on the lower right) icon to open the account page then tap Send feedback and TicpodPro. In the message box put the keywords 'OTA Update' and your email address used for your account then tap the Submit. For information about receiving V026, please send me a Private Message for instructions as this is not officially released.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

Edit: If you already have the update installed then the special push won't do anything.