Microphone not working during phone calls

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

Does your TicPod microphone cut out completely, or perform poorly during phone calls?

Always
No votes
Occasionally
50%
Never
50%

Total votes: 2

no avatar
Naes
Cash on hand: Locked

Microphone not working during phone calls

Post by Naes » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:49 am

At times the person on the other end of a call cannot hear me at all, as if the mic is on mute. Is that possible? I do not see any option for muting the microphone. I can hear the other person clearly through the earpiece. At times the other person can hear me, but not very well. Is there a way to improve the microphone performance?
To my recollection, I have never received a firmware update. I have heard that requesting an update be pushed could cause more problems. Is the update meant to go to all users, regardless of the phone they are using? I am using an LG V20 phone (and TicWatch S).
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Microphone not working during phone calls

Post by garrywadams » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:46 am

I haven't had issues with my mic cutting out, but I don't use my TicPods for phone calls much. Mostly they are for listening while I work out in the yard or on my runs. There are a couple of things you can do to troubleshoot, though.

Some issues are resolved by re-pairing your TicPods. To re-pair your TicPods, follow the procedure below:
Pairing Method:
Put both Ticpods into the charging case and close then open the case to restart them. Then, take out both earbuds and place them into the correct ear. Next, tap them simutanously 5 times each. If this is done correctly, You'll should be hearing a pairing message. Open the Bluetooth menu on your phone to reconnect to the TicPods.

If you continue to have issues, you can try upgrading the firmware. This is a manual process for now. You must use the Mobvoi app to upgrade the firmware. Please see the following topic for information on how to request and process the upgrade:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54165

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Microphone not working during phone calls

Post by garrywadams » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:04 pm

As a follow-up on this, I've been making a point to use my TicPods Free for phone calls this last week. So far I have not had a single person complain about audio quality on the other end. I have asked a few of them how I sounded and the response has been all positive so far.

Have you continued to have this issue? Can you share any more details about your setup? (Phone model, other Bluetooth devices in-use, environment, etc.)?

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator