Audio Lag

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
mobvoi1
Cash on hand: Locked

Audio Lag

Post by mobvoi1 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 pm

My Ticpods have got some serious may in audio when watching videos. I have update the firmware to v023 but would upgrading to v026 fix the problem?

Thanks?

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Audio Lag

Post by garrywadams » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:54 am

Bluetooth audio on most headphones is not realtime. There is a delay between what you see on the screen and what you hear. The TicPods are no exception there. The audio is not in sync with realtime on your phone. Upgrading to the latest firmware will not change that. It does address stability issues, but does not change the audio sync.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
john.feldkamp03

Post by john.feldkamp03 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:52 pm

I do not agree that lag is something we are supposed to just accept on a bluetooth product. There are many bluetooth earbud options on the market that allow for seamless audio/video experience. For a company to release a product in late 2018 (as these Ticpods Free were) with such noticeable delay is unacceptable.

I have just recently sent another email to Mobvoi support looking for a solution to this problem. At the very least they should provide compensation for an upgrade to a newer product such as their newer Ticpods 2 which hopefully have eliminated this lag.

If anyone sees or reads this and has had any luck eliminating the lag or has received support from Mobvoi about the issue I would appreciate your input.

no avatar
myrtle.rankind

Post by myrtle.rankind » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:33 pm

Hello John. I have similar case like you. And for more than 5 days there is no solutions.

no avatar
john.feldkamp03

Post by john.feldkamp03 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:04 pm

I left a post below about your comment that lag is to be expected with bluetooth audio devices, and how I do not agree.

Is there anything being done by Mobvoi to fix this issue? Do the new Ticpods have the same issue that we are experiencing with the Ticpods Free?

John
garrywadams wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:54 am
Bluetooth audio on most headphones is not realtime. There is a delay between what you see on the screen and what you hear. The TicPods are no exception there. The audio is not in sync with realtime on your phone. Upgrading to the latest firmware will not change that. It does address stability issues, but does not change the audio sync.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
phil.freeman

Post by phil.freeman » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Sometimes (especially when up London) encounter issues with Audio.

Any ideas?

no avatar
Silvermax

Post by Silvermax » Sat May 02, 2020 1:30 pm

I agree that there is audio lag. There are definately better out there that don't do this such as the Samsung galaxy buds.

On the subject of firmware updates, how do you trigger the update process?

I've downloaded the app and pressed the ticpods free add device. But it says there are no updates. I don't actually think it's connected correctly.

Any thoughts?

no avatar
pporter664

Post by pporter664 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:38 am

I have faced audio after installing app.