Left earbud turns off randomly

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

Post Reply
no avatar
riddlebox
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 6:06 pm
Cash on hand: Locked

Left earbud turns off randomly

Post by riddlebox » Mon May 20, 2019 6:11 pm

Hello,
My left earbud just quits after a random period of time. I will be on a call and it will just turn off and I have tried:

1. Taking it out and putting it back in which results in a beep in my ear but no audio
2. Putting it back in the case for a few minutes then putting it in my ear which results in a beep in my ear but no audio.
3. Place it in the case and after the call put the right bud in the case and then make my next call and then both work.

This can happen after 10 minutes on a call, or an hour..it truly seems random.

I am not sure how else I can troubleshoot it, or of any other info to provide.

Thanks!

no avatar
Sabertooth
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Left earbud turns off randomly

Post by Sabertooth » Mon May 20, 2019 8:51 pm

Greetings riddlebox!

I asked about your issue and it was suggested that you try the following:

1. Open the phone's bluetooth menu, and select to "Unpair" or "Forget" any previous Ticpod pairings shown.
2. Place the Ticpods in their charging case, then close/open the case to restart them.
3. Insert the Ticpods into your ears, and then simultaneously tap them both 5 times. If successfully done, a message should be heard after the taps are completed. If no message is heard, repeat the above steps again.
4. Pair the Ticpods to the phone again, and test to see if the problem still persists.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
barjola
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:25 pm
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Left earbud turns off randomly

Post by barjola » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:26 pm

Sabertooth wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:51 pm
Greetings riddlebox!

I asked about your issue and it was suggested that you try the following:

1. Open the phone's bluetooth menu, and select to "Unpair" or "Forget" any previous Ticpod pairings shown.
2. Place the Ticpods in their charging case, then close/open the case to restart them.
3. Insert the Ticpods into your ears, and then simultaneously tap them both 5 times. If successfully done, a message should be heard after the taps are completed. If no message is heard, repeat the above steps again.
4. Pair the Ticpods to the phone again, and test to see if the problem still persists.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator
thanks for this reply, i fixed my left earbud with this!

no avatar
Sabertooth
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Left earbud turns off randomly

Post by Sabertooth » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:48 pm

barjola wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:26 pm
thanks for this reply, i fixed my left earbud with this!
Greetings riddlebox!

Glad to hear your problem is resolved!

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
wjvvlijmen
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Left earbud Not connected

Post by wjvvlijmen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:34 am

Hello,
Left earbud not connected to bluethooth.
Only the right earbud connects. Blue flash left earbud continue flashed

no avatar
Sabertooth
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Left earbud Not connected

Post by Sabertooth » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:30 pm

wjvvlijmen wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:34 am
Hello,
Left earbud not connected to bluethooth.
Only the right earbud connects. Blue flash left earbud continue flashed
Greetings wjvvlijmen!

Did you try the recommended steps?

1. Open the phone's bluetooth menu, and select to "Unpair" or "Forget" any previous Ticpod pairings shown.
2. Place the Ticpods in their charging case, then close/open the case to restart them.
3. Insert the Ticpods into your ears, and then simultaneously tap them both 5 times. If successfully done, a pairing message should be heard after the taps are completed. If no message is heard, repeat the above steps again.
4. Pair the Ticpods to the phone again, and test to see if the problem still persists.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
cluneyboy
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:22 pm
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Left earbud turns off randomly

Post by cluneyboy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:21 pm

seems connectivity is an issue with alot of these wireless buds

no avatar
hmw90444
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:08 pm
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Left earbud turns off randomly

Post by hmw90444 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:12 pm

I have the same problem with wireless headphones. My reason for turning off one earphone was that I forgot to turn them off after use and just put them in a case :D

no avatar
oriana.cristauro
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:16 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Left earbud turns off randomly

Post by oriana.cristauro » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:38 am

How i wish i reseached this before buying these.

I literally just bought them yesterday and first i had to charge them for about 3 hours before i could even try pairing. After that I spent a solid 4 hours trying to figure out what is going on.

The buds sync and then after 1 min of playing music the left bud says power off and shuts down, i tried EVERYTHING i read here even the close open 5 taps simultaneously and nothing,

I tried them on my laptop and on my phone and nothing to the point where now the excitement i had when recieving them has turned to pure hate and i dont want them anymore.

I called the shop i bought them from and the guy said to take them back so the technician can look at them. Im from Malta (EU) and this what he said translates to "we will send them back to the supplier abroad and if they cant fix it we will give you a credit note" not even my money back.

Why put out a defaulted product and put a $60 price tag on it??

User avatar
krisp3658
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:11 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Left earbud turns off randomly

Post by krisp3658 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:59 am

hmw90444 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:12 pm
I have the same problem with wireless headphones. My reason for turning off one earphone was that I forgot to turn them off after use and just put them in a case :D
Had the same problem and reason)

Post Reply