Using Microphone on PC

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
locomot1f
Cash on hand: Locked

Using Microphone on PC

Post by locomot1f » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:34 pm

Is it possible to use the microphone on a bluetooth enable computer?

I haven't been able to find a way to do this. I can only use them in headset mode, there doesn't seem to be a way to use the ticpods for input. Am I missing something?

thanks in advance for any info.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Using Microphone on PC

Post by garrywadams » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:53 pm

Windows doesn't handle bluetooth headsets well for use in telephony (speaker and mic input). You should see two devices once they are paired with your PC. One is for the headphone only profile and one is for the headset profile, which enables the microphone. You have to set your inputs in audio settings within Windows for which device is used for what purpose. It's extra confusing because of how Windows handles bluetooth devices.

I have used my TicPods on my Windows 10 PC for quite some time, and then just in the last couple of weeks it stopped working. They work fine on all of my other devices, but Windows only sees the headphones, not the headset profile. It's like Microsoft ran an update and the headset profile for my TicPods just disappeared. You may be able to get it to work by playing around with your Bluetooth settings and your audio input/speaker settings, but Windows is just finicky when it comes to bluetooth peripherals.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
tdung98

Re: Using Microphone on PC

Post by tdung98 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:12 am

I have the same problem when using to connect Window 10 Pro. Most of the time Speaker ( Ticpod Headphone ) stop hear the voice.
Do you have any update to solve problem like update driver or firmware ?
Thanks

=> After looking for many solution , update latest patch from Microsoft , I found website :

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com ... px?q=intel

to manual update driver for bluetooth , now our Ticpod free work perfect with PC.
Hope it may help.