Battery life in the ticwatch pro

Here you will find news and events.

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Barry6666
Cash on hand: Locked

Battery life in the ticwatch pro

Post by Barry6666 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:22 am

hi all, does it take a while for the batteries to calibrate in these. First charge this morning and it has gone from 100% to about 50 % in four hours. Gps off. Bluetooth on. Screen is not always on. Seems very disappointing :(

no avatar
cj_shpp

Re: Battery life in the ticwatch pro

Post by cj_shpp » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:39 am

I've read that you have to do a battery cycle 3 times. Full charge to dead before it works right

no avatar
Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Barry6666 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:22 am
hi all, does it take a while for the batteries to calibrate in these. First charge this morning and it has gone from 100% to about 50 % in four hours. Gps off. Bluetooth on. Screen is not always on. Seems very disappointing :(
Greetings Barry6666!

During the initialization of the watch, the battery does run down faster than normal due to the various radios operating to download software/firmware updates and sync information like wifi and accounts. Also, during the first day or so, it's not uncommon to have the screen on more than normal while you go through the various apps and setups that you plan to use. You should see an improvement once the initialization and updating are complete and the radios only operate when needed.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
TicWatch69

Post by TicWatch69 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:33 am

When I 1st got my Pro 4G LTE, it arrived with 100% battery but died in a couple of hours thanks to all the updates. It did charge back up in about ~1.5 hours tho.

Over the 1st week or so, the battery gradually got better to where I now get ~2 days but the charging time has always remained at ~1% per minute.

Unfortunately, I am finding that my Pro will stop charging every now & then even tho there is still a lightning bolt on my my screen. I have to redock it for it start up again.

no avatar
lanzamiento.discografico

Post by lanzamiento.discografico » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:35 pm

We will have to start the clock with more patience and philosophy. Still, I hope they can make more efficient batteries soon

no avatar
Sabertooth.

Post by Sabertooth. » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Barry6666 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:22 am
Greetings Barry6666!

If this is your first time setting up the watch then this would be normal due to the number of updates that need to be downloaded and installed. During initial setup and updating the radios run continuously and this will drain the battery pretty quickly.

Take a look at our battery life FAQ for more info. https://forum.mobvoi.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=54407

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator