Ticwatch Pro 4G Ineligible for Verizon Numbershare with Pixel 3 XL

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
M4D
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch Pro 4G Ineligible for Verizon Numbershare with Pixel 3 XL

Post by M4D » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:07 pm

Has anyone had issues setting up numbershare? I have stand-alone service up and running, but Verizon has informed me that my Pixel 3 XL will not numbershare with the TicWatch Pro 4G/LTE. Verizon said it is an issue with the manufacturer and that it may get corrected in the future. I'm not happy about the situation. Verizon sells the Pixel 3 XL, and a Wear OS smartwatch should be about to numbershare with a Google phone.

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Re: Ticwatch Pro 4G Ineligible for Verizon Numbershare with Pixel 3 XL

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:21 am

M4D wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:07 pm
Has anyone had issues setting up numbershare? I have stand-alone service up and running, but Verizon has informed me that my Pixel 3 XL will not numbershare with the TicWatch Pro 4G/LTE. Verizon said it is an issue with the manufacturer and that it may get corrected in the future. I'm not happy about the situation. Verizon sells the Pixel 3 XL, and a Wear OS smartwatch should be about to numbershare with a Google phone.
Greetings M4D!

I suggest you take a look at the Verizon Numbershare FAQ here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support ... hare-faqs/

Try the instructions in #5 How do I share a number with a connected device? and see if it will work for you.

Let me know how it goes!
Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
M4D

Post by M4D » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:42 pm

I tried to go through those those steps already. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Verizon Wireless advanced tech support only to determine that they cannot make numbershare work with a Pixel 3 XL. They stated that the issue is on Mobvoi's end.

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:36 pm

M4D wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:42 pm
I tried to go through those those steps already. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Verizon Wireless advanced tech support only to determine that they cannot make numbershare work with a Pixel 3 XL. They stated that the issue is on Mobvoi's end.
Greetings M4D!

I understand your frustration. I'm willing to help you through the issue regardless of where the issue lies for a long as you're willing. Since the 4G service is only now becoming available, you are actually the first person to provide feedback on the instructions provided in the verizon FAQ. For the first step, please provide as much information about what's happening when you try to use numbershare. Are there any error messages or did the Verizon support say anything that stood out. We can never have too much information so be as detailed as possible. I'll bring your issue to the attention of the software manager and customer support group and see if I can find any suggestion on how best to proceed from here based on our early feedback from other customers.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
M4D

Post by M4D » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 pm

When trying to set up numbershare in the My Verizon app, the "which line would you like to share with" page comes up, and nothing is listed beneath it. That is when I contacted Verizon support to see if they could activate numbershare. They had absolutely no information about the watch. We completed various steps to try to get numbershare to work such as factory resetting the watch, etc. In the end, Verizon support recommended a Samsung Galaxy watch that's guaranteed to work with a Pixel 3 XL via numbershare. They simply could not get the numbershare option to pull up in their system.

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:10 pm

M4D wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 pm
When trying to set up numbershare in the My Verizon app, the "which line would you like to share with" page comes up, and nothing is listed beneath it. That is when I contacted Verizon support to see if they could activate numbershare. They had absolutely no information about the watch. We completed various steps to try to get numbershare to work such as factory resetting the watch, etc. In the end, Verizon support recommended a Samsung Galaxy watch that's guaranteed to work with a Pixel 3 XL via numbershare. They simply could not get the numbershare option to pull up in their system.
Greetings M4D!

That really doesn't sound like a watch problem but that makes no difference as far as getting the issue sorted out for you so don't worry about getting passed around. I've already brought the issue to the attention of the right people at Mobvoi but it's currently their bedtime so may be some hours before we get feedback. Please be patient, I promise to keep at this like a dog with a bone.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
M4D

Post by M4D » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Thank you for your help.

no avatar
jhuster

Post by jhuster » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:13 pm

I have the Pixel 3 XL and I can confirm the TicWatch Pro 4G *CAN* numbershare with the phone. No issues other than standalone texting (that doesn't work).

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 pm

jhuster wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:13 pm
I have the Pixel 3 XL and I can confirm the TicWatch Pro 4G *CAN* numbershare with the phone. No issues other than standalone texting (that doesn't work).
Greeting jhuster!

That's good news! Can you provide some hints on how you were able to accomplish the feat of getting it to work that might help M4D?

TIA
Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:09 pm

M4D wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 pm
Greetings M4D!

I received the following report from our CS group: Our data indicates that setting up the Pro 4G has a higher success rate when using the Verizon app followed by in-store support with the helpline coming in last.

If you try or have tried either of these other options please let me know your result. I'll send you an instruction PDF via email on setting up the Verizon app that may help you accomplish the numbershare. (The file is too large to post to the forum)

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator