Ticwatch Pro 4G Ineligible for Verizon Numbershare with Pixel 3 XL

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
M4D
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch Pro 4G Ineligible for Verizon Numbershare with Pixel 3 XL

Post by M4D » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:08 pm

I have not tried to go to a Verizon Wireless store. I have tried the PDF instructions sent by Mobvoi and the PDF instructions did not work for me.

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:21 pm

M4D wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:08 pm
I have not tried to go to a Verizon Wireless store. I have tried the PDF instructions sent by Mobvoi and the PDF instructions did not work for me.
Greetings M4D!

Thanks for confirming in the Verizon app was no good for you. Sorry to have you go through all of this stuff again. Perhaps jhuster will have some suggestions for you soon since they were able to get it working. That they did means we should be able to right? I'll report back that the Verizon app method was a no go for you and see if I can move this issue forward.

Edit: I won't send the PDF since you already tried it.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
jhuster

Post by jhuster » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:53 pm

I was able to go through the process of Numbershare on the Verizon Wireless website, but first and foremost you MUST make sure you have a compatible plan. The Go/Beyond/Above smartphone plans and later are the only ones that allow adding an additional smart watch line. Once I started the process online through my account section of the website, I then had to finish with a chat support representative that had me up and running in no time. The final part of the activation process got hung up, but once I chatted with a support rep, they were able to clear up the issue and Numbershare is working perfectly.

The most important thing, again I stress, is to make sure you're already on a compatible plan with Verizon or else the activation gets hung up into the ether and it will take upper management to be able to wrangle it back to life. I know this from experience in trying to get a second Ticwatch Pro 4G activated on my spouse's line. We're still waiting for it to get approved, and that can upwards of 5 business days, because he was not on a plan that allowed smart watches...of course, there was no warning of this anywhere in the process. Verizon knows they have some things to fix on their end for that. Now he's on the new "Play More" plan and everything should be up and working by next week.

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Post by Sabertooth » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:43 pm

jhuster wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:53 pm
I was able to go through the process of Numbershare on the Verizon Wireless website, but first and foremost you MUST make sure you have a compatible plan. The Go/Beyond/Above smartphone plans and later are the only ones that allow adding an additional smart watch line. Once I started the process online through my account section of the website, I then had to finish with a chat support representative that had me up and running in no time. The final part of the activation process got hung up, but once I chatted with a support rep, they were able to clear up the issue and Numbershare is working perfectly.

The most important thing, again I stress, is to make sure you're already on a compatible plan with Verizon or else the activation gets hung up into the ether and it will take upper management to be able to wrangle it back to life. I know this from experience in trying to get a second Ticwatch Pro 4G activated on my spouse's line. We're still waiting for it to get approved, and that can upwards of 5 business days, because he was not on a plan that allowed smart watches...of course, there was no warning of this anywhere in the process. Verizon knows they have some things to fix on their end for that. Now he's on the new "Play More" plan and everything should be up and working by next week.
Greetings jhuster!

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. I've taken steps to make sure this information gets in to the Mobvoi support channel . It will help a lot of people, I'm sure.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
ryjoba

Post by ryjoba » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:41 pm

This may be my problem as well. Here has been my status so far to activate through Verizon (I have a pixel 2 phone):
First attempt adding device from their website failed and they said to call or chat.
Second, I chatted with an agent and even received purchase receipts that a new number in conjunction with the watch was set up and they would charge me 10/month. Didn't work.
Third, I tried a phone agent and he was very confident that he had done it right. Again I received the purchase receipt (pdf in email) with yet another phone number. I then reset the device entirely. Set it up again. Waited overnight. Still nothing in the next morning.
Fourth time, I called again and this agent had a little more cross training having worked in other service roles. These are his explanations and information which may be useful:

1. the IMEI is NOT in Verizon's database
2. the ICCID, however is in Verizon's database
3. He basically said this means a more in depth set up using the ICCID to add the device to their database and that would take up to 3 business days. He said he would call me back at least when he gets the confirmation.
4. While on the call I found this thread and asked him if my plan was compatible since I am not a previous plan 24GB XXL (for my situation it is still cheaper than anything newer they have). He didn't see anything that precludes me from adding a smartwatch. He may just not know the details perhaps. I really don't want to change my plan and will probably have to return the watch if they can't do it.

no avatar
M4D

Post by M4D » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:02 pm

Yeah, I still have not been able to get numbershare to work. I went to a Verizon store last week and they said the watch information is not showing up in their system and that it can take one or two months after the launch of a new device for it to show up in their system. There was nothing they could do. For now, I have the stand alone service set up. I just have to give people the second number to reach me on the watch.

no avatar
ryjoba

Post by ryjoba » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:00 pm

I'm up an running with number sharing!
  • I have an older plan: XXL 24GB, data carryover plan.
  • I am number sharing with a Pixel 2
To recap I tried several times previously and they (Verizon) said last week that they were adding the watch via the ICCD and that it would take a few days. I don't know if this is actually what happened or not, but we are working now.

I tried again on Wednesday (yesterday) evening going back to the online approach (Devices --> Manage Device). Interestingly, when you are adding it via this approach you are starting with supposedly the phone number you want to number share with, but this process just adds the phone to your devices. It didn't show up until this morning on my device list, however. I don't know how long this would take as I didn't check, except for about 30min to an hour after this step.

However, fairly immediately (within 10 min) I had data capability on the phone, but not number sharing or independent calling. It took no charge to add it. My receipt indicated my plan wouldn't change. Makes me wonder, could this be free data capability or would they charge me. I was too interested to get number sharing working to test this theory. I don't think such a loop hole would last long anyway.

This morning (Thur) I went back to devices list and now the watch was in the listing with a phone number attached to it. I tried calling that number, but it went straight to a voicemail box that hadn't been set up. I just wanted to make sure it hadn't been set up with a separate line - something I didn't want!

Now, going back to "manage device" for the phone number I wanted to share I can see that the Ticwatch is available to attach to my number. I dragged it to my watch and it was ready to go within 5 min or less.

Now we can really test this thing. Success!