TicWatch Pro LTE number share in Australia

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
vijay.alapaty
Cash on hand: Locked

TicWatch Pro LTE number share in Australia

Post by vijay.alapaty » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:00 am

any plan on supporting One number (number sync) in Australia, Currently i was able to use the watch as Standalone device and able to send and receive calls over LTE (VOLTE works). would be nice to see an app update that will enable number sync with Telstra. as there is no other way for me to get this connected to my existing phone no. Hope this request is implemented.

no avatar
casperhutchins87

Re: TicWatch Pro LTE number share in Australia

Post by casperhutchins87 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:10 am

I just got an USA version of the TicWatch Pro LTE on Amazon. I live in Perth, and was wondering which carrier are you using and how do you go about getting them to activate the esim? Were there any problems?

no avatar
vijay.alapaty

Post by vijay.alapaty » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:21 pm

casperhutchins87 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:10 am
I just got an USA version of the TicWatch Pro LTE on Amazon. I live in Perth, and was wondering which carrier are you using and how do you go about getting them to activate the esim? Were there any problems?
I just went to Telstra retail store. Asked for prepaid connection. Once activated i asked for esim. Then i opened mobvoi app and scanned the qr code given to me by store. Done

I use it just for incoming calls and texts from wife. So i just recharge $5 once in every 6 months to keep receiving calls and $5 credit for emergency calls.

no avatar
casperhutchins87

Post by casperhutchins87 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:34 am

I have gotten my esim QR with vodaphone but now the stupid mobvoi app does not allow me to scan the code. When I go to communication settings, it just has faqs. I seem to remember the first time I paired it with my phone it asked me what mode I want to set the watch to for 4g, I want standalone but I cannot seem to fix it no matter how many times I reinstall apps, delete the tether and re tether. Im losing my mind. I need to try erasing everything off watch, apps and google accounts and do a hard reset on everything perhaps this will work...