Clearing water from the speaker

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

garrywadams
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Clearing water from the speaker

Post by garrywadams » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:09 pm

I love the feature after a swim that ejects water from the speaker by playing a little audio trill. Is there any way to initiate that manually other than starting and stopping a swim? I've found that sometimes if I'm still wet from the pool, that it either doesn't do any good, or water just gets back into it while I'm drying off. Usually I'll just start another swim session and end it right away. It doesn't record the session, but does go through the water clearing process.

It would be great if this was a utility that could be launched from the app list, or maybe from the Tic Health app. Swimming isn't the only time the watch gets wet and it would be nice to have a faster way to launch that process than opening TicExcercise, starting a swim, and stopping it.

Thanks!

Aathif Mahir

Re: Clearing water from the speaker

Post by Aathif Mahir » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:42 pm

garrywadams wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:09 pm
I love the feature after a swim that ejects water from the speaker by playing a little audio trill. Is there any way to initiate that manually other than starting and stopping a swim? I've found that sometimes if I'm still wet from the pool, that it either doesn't do any good, or water just gets back into it while I'm drying off. Usually I'll just start another swim session and end it right away. It doesn't record the session, but does go through the water clearing process.

It would be great if this was a utility that could be launched from the app list, or maybe from the Tic Health app. Swimming isn't the only time the watch gets wet and it would be nice to have a faster way to launch that process than opening TicExcercise, starting a swim, and stopping it.

Thanks!
Hi garrywadams,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll share this as a feature request to that specific department.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
jhuster

Post by jhuster » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:14 pm

I, too, would like to request this!! I often just go for a swim and can't find an easy way to eject water from the speaker after activating the Touch Lock... the Samsung Galaxy allows this. Would be great for the TicWatch Pro 4G to also offer this feature.

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:16 pm

garrywadams wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Thanks!
jhuster wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:14 pm
I, too, would like to request this!! I often just go for a swim and can't find an easy way to eject water from the speaker after activating the Touch Lock... the Samsung Galaxy allows this. Would be great for the TicWatch Pro 4G to also offer this feature.
Greetings jhuster, garrywadams!

Thank you for your suggestion. We take our customers feedback seriously. Please continue to make suggestions so we can improve the Ticwatch experience.

Aathif and I presented your suggestion to the Product Manager and others and we are pleased to report that your suggestion has been accepted and scheduled for an upcoming September update. We don't have any other information than that it's a 'separate water clear function' as far as how it will be implemented at this time.

Thanks again for the great suggestion.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
jhuster

Post by jhuster » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:01 pm

That is fantastic news, Sabertooth! Thank you!!!!

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:59 pm

I've got great news to share. It looks like the product team has added this feature and it is part of the newly released update!

I discovered it there almost by accident this morning when trying to restart my watch.

1. Make sure your device is running the latest update (settings -> system -> about -> system updates)
2. Long-press the bottom hardware button
3. Select "Speaker draining"

That's it!

Thanks to the Mobvoi Dev team for the quick turnaround on this! It's a simple feature add, but makes it much more convenient when you take this watch out for a casual swim or wear it in the shower and just need do clear the speaker.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
jhuster

Post by jhuster » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:14 pm

garrywadams wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:59 pm
I've got great news to share. It looks like the product team has added this feature and it is part of the newly released update!
I came here to say that! I don't know when my watch updated, but I'm super glad this feature is so easily found! Thanks again for the quick add!

Aathif Mahir

Post by Aathif Mahir » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:58 pm

jhuster wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:14 pm
garrywadams wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:59 pm
I came here to say that! I don't know when my watch updated, but I'm super glad this feature is so easily found! Thanks again for the quick add!
Hi jhuster,

We are happy to announce the feature request of this thread has been accepted and implemented in the latest firmware that currently rolling out for TicWatch Pro 4G

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
estevez

Post by estevez » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:05 pm

What is the latest version it is implemented in?

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:14 pm

estevez wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:05 pm
What is the latest version it is implemented in?
The build number of the recent update is PWDD.190617.018.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator