Charging Stops Working Intermittently

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
TicWatch69
Cash on hand: Locked

Charging Stops Working Intermittently

Post by TicWatch69 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:06 am

Just checking to see if anyone else is having this issue: When I charge my TicWatch Pro 4G LTE, it will just stop intermittently for some reason. There will still be a lightening bolt which makes it look like it is charging but the percentage will not change. I have to undock it & then put it back into the cradle for the charging to start again. Sometimes I have to do this multiple times during 1 charge.

This is kind of annoying since I have to babysit the device otherwise I may come back later thinking I have a full charge but no so ....

Thanks!

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Re: Charging Stops Working Intermittently

Post by Aathif Mahir » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:39 pm

TicWatch69 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:06 am
Just checking to see if anyone else is having this issue: When I charge my TicWatch Pro 4G LTE, it will just stop intermittently for some reason. There will still be a lightening bolt which makes it look like it is charging but the percentage will not change. I have to undock it & then put it back into the cradle for the charging to start again. Sometimes I have to do this multiple times during 1 charge.

This is kind of annoying since I have to babysit the device otherwise I may come back later thinking I have a full charge but no so ....

Thanks!
Hi TicWatch69,

Please try to reset your TicWatch by going to Settings - System - Disconnect and Reset.

If that didn't solve your issue, Please create a warranty ticket by going to below link. Hopefully it's an issue with your Charging Cradle.
https://support.mobvoi.com/

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
TicWatch69

Post by TicWatch69 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:51 am

Update: I think the issue was the way I was using the charger. I had the charging cradle plugged into a USB hub that was connected to my MS Surface dock.

I decided to plug into a 1A 5V adapter instead & it charged consistently. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:45 pm

TicWatch69 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:51 am
Update: I think the issue was the way I was using the charger. I had the charging cradle plugged into a USB hub that was connected to my MS Surface dock.

I decided to plug into a 1A 5V adapter instead & it charged consistently. Hopefully this fixes the issue.
Hi TicWatch69,

It's great to hear that your charging cradle works perfectly with low voltage power adapter. If you have any issue with the cradle again, Please create a warranty ticket and let them know about your issue. Hopefully they'll send you a upgraded charging cradle that supports more voltage.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator