Texting using Google Assistant

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
swid441
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Texting using Google Assistant

Post by swid441 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:05 pm

Any software fixes for this issue? Hoping there might be a proper fix for this issue!

no avatar
ssp1976

Post by ssp1976 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:07 am

Seriously considering returning the watch. I use Verizon and I want to use the assistant to send text messages using the numbershare (phone) number. Only choice is via watch and when (if) it sends, no one knows it is me because it uses the watch number. Besides I never know it goes through because it just hangs with a circle going round and round.

no avatar
taddibbes

Post by taddibbes » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:35 pm

October 25. I was happy to receive my watch today only to find disappointment. All other smartwatches I've owned I was able to send texts via Google or Samsung assistant. Thinking I'll return this. I don't plan on ever activating 4g.

no avatar
edwardsjh

Post by edwardsjh » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:37 pm

It's a shame that Mobvoi hasn't responded to this (and other common, basic issues) with a fix. It is very disheartening that a company like Mobvoi who is supported (at least in part by Google) can't get basic functionality to work correctly. Other than a heart rate monitor, the functionality not working as advertised doesn't add much value of this watch to my 4 year old Sony smartwatch. I was expecting improvements, and viewed the best alternative for an upgrade would be from a company working with Google; how could it get any better for melding the tech and software??? I may look into returning my watch soon if nothing changes (I've had the watch since July, and am getting tired of the issues and lack of fixes). (Sorry for the rant)

no avatar
gauripuri2391

Post by gauripuri2391 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:59 am

gOOD INFOR MATION THAT YOU HAVE SHARED WITH US.