Re download esim profile

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
amd6570
Cash on hand: Locked

Re download esim profile

Post by amd6570 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:39 am

I had the watch setup with Vodafone One number and decided not to go ahead with the service so I deactivated the profile then removed it.
I have since decided to keep the One number service but when trying to download the profile again it keeps failing saying to check network settings.
The watch has internet connection as it's connected to my phone via Bluetooth.
I have factory reset the watch but still can't download the profile.
On the Vodafone One number portal it says the service is active on device and has my Device eID listed.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Re download esim profile

Post by garrywadams » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:29 pm

What does Vodafone support say about the issue? Were they unable to activate the watch? Some users have had similar issues activating Number Share with Verizon in the US as well. It requires working with the carrier to get it working, but not all customer support reps are familiar with the TWP 4G and it sometimes requires an escalation to another support rep to get it resolved.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
martemu

Post by martemu » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:35 pm

Good luck trying to get it to work. I have a similar problem and after ages chatting to various Vodafone techs who couldnt get it to upload a valid profile to the watch I just gave up and cancelled OneNumber. Pity as the watch is very good otherwise but I will be going back to my old Huwawai watch 4g which uses a physical sim from any provider and just worked straight out of the box.
This forum seems pretty dead so I doubt anything will get sorted.

no avatar
Cris.Tranfield

Post by Cris.Tranfield » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:21 pm

I got mine to work on UK Vodafone. I did all via the My Vodafone online account rather that the OneNumber webpage. go to account settings > change SIM> choose phone number > enter EID code > create a QR code. use the QR code on the Mobvoi mobile app and all done. You may need to have wireless setup on the watch

no avatar
zahan

Post by zahan » Mon May 25, 2020 8:02 pm

Can confirm this works, activation from the vodafone OneNumber page did not work, however activating from the My Vodafone page worked great!
Just make sure you type your EID then click "Create QR Code" not "Next"

no avatar
sharmeshm

Post by sharmeshm » Thu May 28, 2020 1:54 pm

I am having the same issue as above. I have generated the QR code through MyVodafone, but i still get download fail.

no avatar
4evercountryboy

Post by 4evercountryboy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:23 pm

Worked for me today. Using the MyVodafone web page and the process set out in the earlier post. Happy days.

no avatar
photproc

Post by photproc » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:48 am

I got this to work. Maybe someone at Vodafone or Mobvoi fixed it. When the Vodafone MyNumber page asks for your "eid", you need to go into the eSIM Assistant on the watch. Now swipe right and it will show you the eid, which is a long number you have to type in. This lets you register on the Vodafone oneNumber site, but now you have to wait until they send a text message to your phone saying it's set up. Go back to the onenumber site, click on the watch you set up and the QR Code will appear. Scan in the QR Code from the Mobvoi app on your phone. You need to go into "Communication Settings". If you've disabled the TicCompanion app on the watch to save power, this won't work, so re-enable TicCompanion.

Now, once you've sent the QR Code to your watch, you need to go back to the eSIM Assistant and select the Vodafone icon. Now, the watch will reboot. Now go into settings->Communication Settings->Mobile, switch it to "on" to force it to switch on while you test it. Go to "Advanced" and select the "watch shares number with phone" for both text messages and calls. Select "Vodafone prepay" as your access point. There's an "HD calls/lTE calls" button which gives you high-quality audio, which I think is probably not worth it, but it brings up an "HD" icon in your calls on the watch and shows "LTE" instead of "4G" when connected to the mobile network: not sure it's worth it.

You also need to enable Wifi calling on your phone. On an Android phone, go to the Phone, then settings, then Call, then enable Wifi calling. This worked fine for me, even though I didn't get the phone from Vodafone.

It wasn't all that easy or obvious! But it does now work.