Making Voice text or call using Google assistant

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
taddibbes
Cash on hand: Locked

Making Voice text or call using Google assistant

Post by taddibbes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:55 am

Why can't I make a voice call or voice text using Google assistant? I don't have to lte service and it keeps trying to use that. but i should still be able to use this feature. It should work via Bluetooth.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Making Voice text or call using Google assistant

Post by garrywadams » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:51 pm

taddibbes wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:55 am
Why can't I make a voice call or voice text using Google assistant? I don't have to lte service and it keeps trying to use that. but i should still be able to use this feature. It should work via Bluetooth.
You are not the first to ask, and will certainly not be the last. See another recent post on a similar topic:
https://forum.mobvoi.com/viewtopic.php? ... 938#p66938

This is a function of Wear OS and Google's implementation of how communications are handled on the back-end when LTE is present as an option, even it it is disabled.

I would also recommend you send feedback to Google about this using the Wear OS app. The more users we have reporting this issue, the more attention it will get.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:14 pm

Good news! We've found a solution to this from the Facebook TicWatch group.
First, navigate to Settings > Connectivity > Bluetooth and scroll down to enable "Play phone voice call on watch".
screen.png
screen.png (21.76 KiB) Viewed 3123 times
Now when attempting to make a call from the Phone app or from Google Assistant, you will be prompted whether to call from the phone or from the watch. Chose "Call from phone" and the call will use your phone for cellular, but the watch will play the audio for the call like a Bluetooth headset.
screen (1).png
screen (1).png (27.89 KiB) Viewed 3123 times
Please try the solution above and let us know if this solves the problem for you.

Thanks.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
dshearen

Post by dshearen » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:33 am

I too have the Ticwatch Pro 4G/LTE and do not see the option under Settings > Connectivity > Bluetooth > "Play phone voice call on watch". Is there possibly a firmware update? (just grasping at straws...)

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:49 pm

I'm running 2.13.
screen.png
screen.png (22.64 KiB) Viewed 2962 times
screen-1.png
screen-1.png (17.86 KiB) Viewed 2962 times
-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
stuart.w.freeman

Post by stuart.w.freeman » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:22 am

Hello, the problem I'm having seems more severe. On a ticwatch pro. Google assistant won't work properly at all. "OK Google" isn't recognised. When I hold the main button to speak and say "make a call" or "send a message" nothing works. The watch tries to do something but comes up with a screen with two options. "turn on" with a phone symbol beside it. Or "cancel". Pressing turn on brings me back to assistant screen, pressing cancel comes up with error saying "unable to obtain permissions". I've attached images.
If I receive a message I can reply from the watch.
I've tried factory reset, checked that permissions are enabled, enabled ok google etc... This is a brand new watch and I can't use the most basic functions of a smart watch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to have to send it back.
Thank you.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200222-091831_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200222-091831_Gallery.jpg (969.95 KiB) Viewed 2855 times
Screenshot_20200222-091806_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200222-091806_Gallery.jpg (987.39 KiB) Viewed 2855 times

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:07 pm

That "turn on" button is trying to open something on your phone, not the watch. It looks like an app on your phone may be missing permissions, not an app on your watch. What opens on your phone when you click that option?

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
stuart.w.freeman

Post by stuart.w.freeman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:45 pm

Nothing unfortunately. The phone doesn't do anything at all. Can't figure out out at all. Pretty pointless me having it at the moment.

no avatar
stuart.w.freeman

Post by stuart.w.freeman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Thanks.
Nothing happens on the phone when I press I turn on. I've gone through the phone and made sure permissions are enabled for everything I can find.
Very frustrating. Kind of have an unusable smartwatch right now.

no avatar
stuart.w.freeman

Post by stuart.w.freeman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:58 pm

Nothing tries to open on the phone. After a lot of messing I uninstall wear os and mobvi from phone, factory reset watch. Started from beginning again. Watch had been running wear os version 2.13...on setup it runs 2.1....reinstalled wear os and then ok google commands we're working, I could send messages albeit slowly, in the background the watch was updating apps etc... All of a sudden ok google stopped working again, sure enough wear os had updated to 2.13...uninstall everything again, setup watch from beginning again but didn't allow wear os to update... So far OK Google is still working.. Not super fast but until I know how to get past the 2.13 update I'm stuck.