No functions?

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
edwardsjh
Cash on hand: Locked

No functions?

Post by edwardsjh » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Need serious assistance. I've had it twice where the screen just locked with back screen on. No buttons would work (ie bring up apps, activate main watch face, etc). First time, I let the battery empty and some way got it to restart--not sure how. Still waiting for battery to empty to try something, but in the meantime when I press and hold the top button, a symbol that looks like a "lightning bolt box" appears for a few seconds and disappears. Mothing else I try does anything. Any idea what's going on and how to solve it? Watch was purchased in July 2019; should I attempt to return it?TIA

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: No functions?

Post by garrywadams » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:45 am

Once you get it back up, try doing a factory reset.

If the issue still persists, you can open a support ticket. It's still within the 1 year warranty period.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
edwardsjh

Post by edwardsjh » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:11 pm

Gary, thanks for the reply. It's 2.5 days and the only thing that does "anything" is to hold the top button for a few seconds, and that little zig-zag box appears for a few seconds and then disappears.

What did you mean by "when I get it back up?" It will not do anything but as described above. Also: Is there a link to how to do a factory reset?

Thanks for any additional info.

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:27 pm

Can you send a picture of the symbol that shows up? It sounds like the charging symbol (the outline of a little lightning bolt), which tells me that the watch may not have enough power to start. It may not be making good contact with the charger dock or the dock may be defective/damaged.

The settings reference guide is a great reference. You can find it here:
https://forum.mobvoi.com/viewtopic.php? ... 694#p64694

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
edwardsjh

Post by edwardsjh » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:05 pm

This is an update regarding my watch issues. As mentioned earlier, the watch would lock up, touchscreen and buttons would not work, and often the watch would not show the current time until I "woke it" then it would jump to the current time. The only way to get it to work was to set it aside for a couple of days, let the battery drain, recharge it and then it might fuction for a couple of weeks.

I contacted Mobvoi, put in the warranty claim as they suggested (although I wasn't sure the request went through due to the way their system operates), and they very quickly sent me an approval and shipping label to print out and use. Fortunately, I still had the original package (always keep this is my recommendation) and returned the watch in it per the instructions. It made it to Mobvoi in 2 days! I called texted with them two days after the watch got to them to change shipping to my current location (I travel a lot!) in time before I travel to a different location. A lot of texts and phone calls both ways followed. Their shipping system is a bit disfunctional regarding communications both with their own customer service people (or at least the one I was dealing with) and with customers. First, they said they could change and ship to my current location, then their system wouldn't accept the address, then it would accept it. The CS person said she would text/email a tracking number; after 2 days, I had to follow up abount the tracking number; a wekend later and still nothing, I again contacted my CS person. She said she would check and get back to me. She did get back to me shortly thereafter with a tracking number and the NEWS THAT IT HAD ALREADY BEEN ACCEPTED at the receiving location. And, indeed, it had been.

So, I got my replacement watch, and it seems to work much better out of the box than my original one (notification vibration, spoken instructions through the watch speaker, etc. Hopefully, this one will work for a much longer time.

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Thanks for the update! Glad you got things working.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator