New purchase. Can't get OK google or any google home devices to be controlled

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
online1
Cash on hand: Locked

New purchase. Can't get OK google or any google home devices to be controlled

Post by online1 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:31 am

Just bought this device. Everything was great till i tried to control my google home devices through the assistant.

I ask it to play spotify on a speaker and it just gives me a webpage of how to do it.

Yes its using the same account as the house.

Also Ok google doesn't work.. Have tried factory resetting to V9 etc but when i do its still the update that i think is broken.

Any thing that can help? or will just return the device as it doesnt do what i was hoping it would

no avatar
akurinkai

Re: New purchase. Can't get OK google or any google home devices to be controlled

Post by akurinkai » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:51 am

Could I confirm whether you have tried to uninstall and install the Spotify app? If not, please have a try to see whether it works well.

Here are the complete steps on how to ask Google to play Spotify music.

Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same WiFi as your Google device.
Open the Google Home app.
Tap Account in the top-right.
Verify that the Google Account shown is the one linked to your Google Home or Google Nest device. To switch accounts, tap another account or Add another account.
Back on the home screen, tap + in the top-left, then Music and audio.
Select Spotify and tap Link Account, then Log in to Spotify.

If there is still something wrong happened, you can follow this article to see whether it can be fixed well: How to Play Spotify on Google Home

no avatar
maxherson

Re: New purchase. Can't get OK google or any google home devices to be controlled

Post by maxherson » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:20 pm

Ok google doesn't work:
Hello, This is a global issue. And as I know google fix it.