Ticwatch pro 3 LTE

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
oshabir19
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch pro 3 LTE

Post by oshabir19 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:26 pm

I'm seriously considering buying the watch however I need confirmation will my EE SIM be compatible or is it just Vodafone.

no avatar
nicholas.john.little
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch pro 3 LTE

Post by nicholas.john.little » Tue May 11, 2021 1:02 pm

Hi,

Am in a similar position although I already decided to purchase the watch. Luckily I'm out of contract with EE, so I'm thinking of switching to Vodafone purely to get this functionality.

In short, it doesn't look like you'll be able to get it to work on EE - I've spoken to their customer support a couple of times over the past few days where they took the EID of the watch and setup a smart watch plan on my account but the watch is yet to connect to the network. I'll let you know if that changes.

Some users have reported that you can get it to work if you can get an eSIM QR code sent to you (I haven't been able to get EE to send me one yet) and you have a Vodafone SIM handy (I don't, although I might try getting a Vodafone PayG one I can burn afterwards) as the eSIM itself will work but the Mobvoi application will only show the QR code scanner to read the eSIM and put it on the watch when you have a Vodafone SIM installed in your handset. (See here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/ticw ... m.4206407/)

That said, from what I've read, those users don't seem to have been able to get the watch's data connection to work on their target network, presumably because they haven't been able to setup access point information. Although apparently there's a way to do that through ADB but I don't think anyone's tried yet.

Maybe Mobvoi will update the firmware to allow it to work with all networks at some point.

Hope this helps!