Charger power (ampere) recommendation

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
matthieu.pialat
Cash on hand: Locked

Charger power (ampere) recommendation

Post by matthieu.pialat » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:47 pm

Dear all,
Thank you for your support. I am glad to be a new customer of Mobvoi.
I have a question : is there any power recommendation for a charger fo the Ticwatch Pro 3 ?
I mean, can I use a 2 ampere charger ? Or 1 A ? More ? Less ?

I have seen that sometime the battery can be damaged on some eletronic device when we use a charger with too much ampere and I don't want to damage my new watch.

Thank you for your support

Matthieu

no avatar
asen.mitov

Re: Charger power (ampere) recommendation

Post by asen.mitov » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:41 pm

There are a lot of topics left unanswered here in this forum.

I have few empirical observations to share in regards to the charger. I have old LG G4 charger (5V, 1.8 milliamps) lying around at my place and for a few weeks I was using it to charge my TWP3. During that period the watch was hardly making 24 hours worth of battery consistently. Back then I was so disappointed from the watch performance, because it was so far away from what was promised and I was thinking about warranty return.

One day I forgot to charge it at home (the watch had dried out to 0 battery) and went to work with the cable. The only suitable place for charging on my desktop was the SS USB port (I don't know the specs, but they can be found online) on my laptop. After the first charge there was significant improvement in the battery life. My TWP3 was sudennly doing almost 2 days before running out of juice. After the next few charges I was able to get 3 to 4 days of battery life with all sensors set to 24 hour monitoring, constant sleep monitoring and quite a lot of notifications during working days.

I have no idea why manufacurers don't include requirements for charging if this have so big impact for the product performance. I am planning to buy Xiaomi 11 Pro once it is out on the market and I have no idea how it should be charged since there will be no charger in the kit.

Hope it helps!

no avatar
josecarlosgomezdesalazar

Re: Charger power (ampere) recommendation

Post by josecarlosgomezdesalazar » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:27 pm

Buenas noches, según leí en la documentación el cargador que recomienda Mobvoi es de 5v 1 amp, para TicWatch pro 3. Es el que yo estoy utilizando y carga en casi 2 horas al 100% y me dura los tres días prometidos sin usar el gps y si utilizando el resto de sensores, y sobre 5 días si lo apago por las noches. Un saludo.