Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

Mobvoi
Site Admin
Cash on hand: Locked

Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Post by Mobvoi » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:26 am

We’d like to hear more from you!
Please let us know your thoughts below, including your experience, review or requests you’d like to communicate with us.

In return, we will give you a unique 30% off discount code on Mobvoi.com on a one-time purchase of any originally-priced product equivalent or over USD $100 with the exception of TicWatch Pro 4G/LTE.

Thanks,
Mobvoi Team

no avatar
rakeshrana

Re: Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Post by rakeshrana » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:47 am

I have been using not one but two Ticwatch Pro since last 5-6 months. Honestly, I was a bit frustrated when I strated with my Ticwatch Pro, my first wear OS device, since it was updating. Being a Tizen user (Samsung Galaxy Watch), initially I was worried. Once the watch completed the update process, it was really impressive. I have just thrown my Galaxy watch into my cup board.

Ticwatch Pro is simply the best smartwatch available in the market.

no avatar
TrevorW

Post by TrevorW » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:26 am

I'm the happy owner of a Ticwatch Pro, even though its supplied charger stopped working and had to be replaced.
Two comments:

1. Mobvoi insists on using the local postal carrier for deliveries of replacements under guarantee. In some countries, such as South Africa, the local postal carrier has essentially collapsed, and is not a reliable courier. In my case it took over 2 months for a small parcel containing replacement charger to be delivered after it arrived at the South African Post Office. Reconsider this policy.

2. This is really a WearOS request. One of my most common activities on my watch is re-linking to my wifi after going out of range (it does not do this automatically, as I would expect). This currently requires 8 steps (button push, access settings, scroll to "connectivity", start "connectivity", select wifi, select "add network", click my wifi, click "retry". Make the connectivity-wifi button more accessible.

no avatar
technowatch

Post by technowatch » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:47 am

I have a TicWatch pro. I've had it just for a few months but I'm extremely disappointed that I haven't had any resolution to the persistent notification on my watch as shown here:
ticwatch.png
ticwatch.png (385.66 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
It's extremely annoying and clicking on the Open does nothing. However, a couple of weeks when I despairingly tried clicking the Open button, it actually opened up the Mobvoi app and asked me to sign into my Google account. When I did that, the notification changed to something like "Successfully signed into Google Play Services" and the notification went away. But after a few more days it came back and nothing I do resolves it.

Fixing this bug/issue is my biggest gripe.

Secondary to this is resolving the slow and lagging UI pretty much everywhere around the watch (especially if it's being used for the first time after it hasn't been used for a few minutes). Once it's in use, it seems to speed up.

Rest of the watch and features are great but these two really dampen what would otherwise be a really great watch.

no avatar
arazoza

Post by arazoza » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:05 am

I have owned the Ticwatch E, Ticwatch S, and Ticwatch C2. The watches have provided extreme value each time. The C2 was a big step up in terms of speed and quality. The newer processor made a big difference in my daily usage of the watch. The original E has become very sluggish in its past year of use. I wish the E had some water resistance as I prefer to take my "cheaper" watch into the water than the stainless steel/leather band C2.

Overall, I would recommend Mobvoi products to anyone looking to get into android wear. The company provides great value without breaking the bank and delivers the most useful specs to users at affordable price.

no avatar
root_

Post by root_ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:08 am

I have been using the Ticwatch Pro for about a year. Before I had the ticwatch2. I am very at peace with both watches. The Ticwatch pro is very flexible thanks to wear OS. A better connection to iOS would be desirable because the Ticwatch Pro is the better Apple Watch.

no avatar
bmuratsoylu

Post by bmuratsoylu » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:25 am

Hi there

I have been using Ticwatch E for more than a year, and honestly it the best smart watch I have ever used. I believe the most important things for the smart watches are the battery life and the synchronisation. Ticwacth E definitely covers all my expectations.

Thank you Mobvoi team!

Murat - Istanbul/ Turkey

no avatar
arturo2869

Post by arturo2869 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:30 am

I have a TicWatch Pro that I upgraded from a Ticwatch E. I've been a fan of you products since I first saw the original TicWatch some years ago.

When I first got my Pro I was having problems with the Google Fit not updating on my watch, even though it was updating on my phone. After a really long sesion of troubleshooting with the Support Tech, we couldn't resolve the issue. So they issue me a Warranty Ticket to send the watch back for a replacement.

The problem is that I'm outside the US, and shipping the watch back to the US will cost me around 125 dollars. So I decided against sending the watch back.

But as I suspected, and told the Tech Support staff, it was a software issue. Because after one of the updates, Google Fit started working on the Watch.

Where do I want to go with this... There should be a way, or a next level support team, that can work with issues like this. Software related issues (Like flashing the OS or Hardware testing tools), that could be resolved remotely for customers that live outside the US, when sending the item back is not an option.

You're a Global Company, you should be aware that your clients are Globally too.

no avatar
powerkatwedel

Post by powerkatwedel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:06 pm

I have been a watcher of Mobvoi and the TicWatch series since the first TicWatch. It wasn't until the E that I pulled the trigger and bought in. Since then I have owned nearly every watch (minus the E2) from Mobvoi. I also have 2 of the TicHome Mini and loved them until the batteries gave out after just over 1 year. Here are my thoughts/experiences:

1) Please continue supporting products with actual support even after warranty. I'm not suggesting that there still be replacements or things like that issued. However, when the product essentially stops working withing months of going out of warranty (there are lots of examples like mine on the TicHome Mini) it is not only a bad look for the company but hurts public perception. Maybe a recall, or offer a large discount to replace. Something to help build the customer trust that you believe in your product and that they should too.

2) Again a comment on support, this time in general. I fully understand having a customer-driven support team that is out there trumpeting the brand and helping out when they can. However, when there is no official training or knowledge it is very difficult when the issues of the people purchasing the product begin to build and the "public support team" can't truly help because there is no real power to help. If the social media fans are trying to help customers out of the goodness of their heart, then there is something there from a brand loyalty standpoint. Mobvoi should celebrate and assist in the building of this. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case nearly often enough. The folks in the public taking the mantle to help out customers need to feel they have an avenue to go it for help if they cannot get to the solution themselves, or an official Mobvoi rep needs to be consistently active in the channels to aid as well.

3) I love the products. As mentioned above, I feel that the product and features are well worth the price. I think they would do even better and see more traction with an outstanding support team, long term consistent marketing, and clearer branding.

In the end, I feel that my main message is support and consistency would go a long way in making the Mobvoi and Tic brand excel.

no avatar
dhuhtala

Post by dhuhtala » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:04 pm

I have been using a Ticwatch Pro since December 2018 and overall I am happy with the watch. I like the LCD screen and use it extensively for workouts...runs, walks, bike rides, etc. The battery life is great...I use it all day and then for sleep tracking all night and I still have more than 40% the next morning. I charge it while I take a shower...and it charges so fast, it's ready to go for the day again by the time I'm done.

On the down side, it is laggy...seems like people finally figured out adding RAM fixes that..I have a task killer app that may or may not be clearing apps out of ram...that would be a good workaround for Mobvoi to build in. The biggest issue I have is with sports activity tracking. The GPS and heart rate are okay for casual walkers that just want a vague idea of how far they went but it's not good enough for runners or bikers. The GPS consistently under-reports distance almost exactly 10% below actual distance. Seems like that should be adjustable since it's so consistent. The HR monitor gets confused as it climbs above 140 bpm. It tends to jump to 160 and stays there until my actual HR reaches that level. It's not terrible but that 140-160 range seems really problematic. Finally, the 2 layer screen design means the OLED display is not as bright and clear as competitors. The reflection from the top screen makes it even harder to see clearly, especially outside. The auto brightness should be brighter...or adjustible since the battery life is already so good.

In Canada, with a very high exchange rate (much higher than the standard rate), the value isn't there unless you buy it on sale. $250 in the US and $371 Canadian? That's not a fair exchange rate. The new LTE watch is not supported at all outside the US. I would expect a Chinese company to better support global products and services.

With those negatives, I still feel this is the best deal on existing watches and I look forward to new generations of the devices.