Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Brint3
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Post by Brint3 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:08 pm

I did participate in the forum and I had extensive discussions with Mobvoi's support staff about the untimely death of the rechargeable battery in my Tichome Mini. It lasted just long enough to render me ineligible for warranty exchange. Then, because it was a gift and the original buyer no longer had the receipt, I could get no redress from the seller. I don't even know where the buyer purchased the Mini. At the end of a long discussion, your people brushed me off with two comments: (1) "...the tic home mini cannot change battery..." and (2) "...we will recall it back and give you a discount code..." The discount was 30%, leaving me with a cost of $70.00 for a device that is inferior to the Google Home mini and breaks within a short period of time. Meanwhile, using a set of specialized tools that I have and my skills as an electrical engineer, I have been able to open the Tichome Mini, identify the battery, and find quality replacements for sale at many outlets. I am in the process of replacing the battery and expect to have my device working again soon. Your company could have avoided all this by simply using a quality, name-brand battery in the device. Your founder is supposed to be some sort of genius. It appears that he didn't understand the value of quality in a product. Perhaps he should learn from Google or Apple or other quality manufacturers.

no avatar
yvonne luterbach

Post by yvonne luterbach » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:18 pm

ça fait une année que j'ai une tic watch et j'en était assez satisfaite, malgré que la montre ne tenait pas la charge pour une journée. En juillet je suis partie en vacances et j'étais souvent au bord de l'eau avec. Je suppose qu'elle a pris de l'humidité et depuis j'ai un écran noir. Je suis déçue et j'hésite de racheter une nouvelle montre. Si je reste avec TicWatch, j'aimerais bien un modèle qui est bien adapté au sport et qui n'est pas aussi fragile par rapport à l'humidité.

no avatar
jlynton

Post by jlynton » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:28 pm

I am on my 2nd ticwatch, first I had a ticwatch 2, which I later exchanged for a ticwatch s, which I am still using. I love them both, and my only comment would be that I wish there was a slimmer watch available, though I do think that that is down to the available chipsets, and out of mobvoi's control.

no avatar
Serwei

Post by Serwei » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:47 am

Weird, this is the only forum engine that I can't refresh to become logged in after opening the page before...

Anyway I was a Kickstarter owner of the ticwatch sapphire version. Bought a group of 5 even. Was a great design, with slowly maturing GUI and software, as Google was still undecided on how to do Wear os.
However the disappointing thing for me was my tw edited when I rinsed the watch briefly and wiped it off to clean. Once. And it died. And the Singapore reseller who happily declared complete warranty support at that time completely refused to support the Kickstarter owners. So... It was a bad ending to a good experience.
I'm using another Chinese watch now. And I also had a call gen2 [wd20?] Which was rugged and really water proof. Would I get a tw pro? Maybe, since my Chinese Android watch with 4g is also starting to fall, but that's expected.

no avatar
Opschor

Post by Opschor » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:39 am

This is faraway the best smartwatch till now. One little note is the issue that there is no sleeptracker yet. Thanks to the mobvoi forum that chose for the
Tic watch.

no avatar
ugenepua

Post by ugenepua » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:31 am

Many thanks for providing a platform for feedback.
I have a Ticwatch 2 (not E and S). I know it's old but it's got everything I need including GPS tracking for running, sync to fitness app (Strava), app notification, step tracking, alarm, etc...
Battery life for me is pretty good too. Without app notification can easily last me 2 days (bluetooth constantly connected during day time, night time 11PM - 7AM power saving mode).
This is also by far one of the best looking smart watch I've seen so far (might be subjective to others). Love the tickle feature too. It's convenient to use.
A few things that definitely need improvement though. Firstly is the GPS tracking. For most cases I ended up waiting for more than 5 minutes before I could start my running. I must say it's really frustrating. When it locked down though, for most cases the tracking can be very off. So to get around this, I bring along my phone while running.
Another things is the app store. It's closed to zero app that I find useful. I know we can sideload this but it's besides the point.
Would be lovely if we can get sleep tracking too. I was hoping the new Google Fit can come into help but couldn't figure out how to do so.

no avatar
timmiolihen

Post by timmiolihen » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:45 am

I am using TicWatch Pro for approx. 3 month. I quite like it. It's a leap from my Sony Watch 3. There are only 2 issues I have.
1) If I do some some sport (monitored by Google Fit), then battery lasts only 24 hours. This is actually a huge disappointment. If I am lazy, then it lasts for 2 day, that's fine.
2) Comparing to Sony the watch is less reliable with notifications. Sony worked perfectly when it was not on me, notifications were un-muted, when I put it on all notifications were muted. With TicWatch, the first scenario works smoothly. However, when I put it on, all the time notifications work in mysterious ways - some of them are muted, some are not. I cannot say if it's error in the watch or in Google Wear. If i reset the setting in Wear OS app, it works again smoothly.

no avatar
tecco69

Post by tecco69 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:28 am

I am on my second ticwatch I bought the Pro and I am fully satisfied. Exceptional battery only flaw the transition between the two displays a little slow. However all in all the best smartwatch I have since I also have two Amazfit and Galaxy Watch ..

no avatar
Zoran81

Post by Zoran81 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:30 am

I had TicWatch PRO for about 6 months and replaced it with Samsung Galaxy Watch.
TicWatch PRO was actually a very good watch, I liked the design, dual layer display and actually used Tic Motion app regularly as a fitness companion but reason why I jumped into Galaxy was Wear OS itself. It was buggy, slow and felt like a bad beta software (I have OnePlus 6 with beta distribution of their Oxygen OS so I know how good and polished beta software can be).
Also Snapdragon as a chip maker is also to blame, and NO SD3100 is not the chip that can do much.
For now I'll stick with Galaxy Watch but I will keep Mobvoi in sight. I hope that TicWatch PRO 2 will be a deal breaker for me. Again.

no avatar
Zoolite

Post by Zoolite » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 am

I have been using ticwatch S for more than 18 month . I was happy about this watch at first but it became more and more difficult to charge up. I hope you will improve the quality in the future.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190821_181156_com.whatsapp.jpg
Screenshot_20190821_181156_com.whatsapp.jpg (462.89 KiB) Viewed 1531 times