Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Saetta
Cash on hand: Locked

iPhone Compatibility

Post by Saetta » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:17 am

I purchased my Ticwatch E 13 months ago when I was using as Android OS phone. Switched to an iPhone XR 8 months ago and I’m not happy with the lack of compatibility with the iPhone. I’m very limited in the functions that can be utilized with the iPhone compared to Android OS.

I’m seriously considering moving over to an Apple Watch if the Ticwatch platform remains stagnant on the iPhone compatibility. I’d be interested in purchasing a new Ticwatch if there were more features available to use with iPhone IOS.

no avatar
jianwoei

Re: Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Post by jianwoei » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:31 pm

I'm Ticwatch Pro user since 8 months ago, i would like to feedback why would the charger's power input only support up to 5V-1A max? It's year 2019, the charger suppose to be design for fast charger.

no avatar
Cekaputama

Post by Cekaputama » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:03 pm

Oh my and seriously, last year i bought the TWP, I got this 2 problem ;

1) The charger to my TWP was not charging, but support really do a good support and sent me a new charger without me paying a single money.

2) Recently the TWP went havoc on the BPM reading, and sorry to say that it got problem in terms of BPM so much of differences from an Iwatch Series 4. I'm totally DISAPPOINTED to the readings. How can I standing still and my BPM goes up from 97 to 150 bpm and drop to 55 bpm not within 1 minutes, that's an unacceptable error. What if user don't understand BPM reading, and if solely depends on TWP readings, sure the user will be panicked.....

I can upload the screenshot for such error

no avatar
Cekaputama

Post by Cekaputama » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:16 pm

I have used the TWP for almost a year now, my verdict as follows;

1) My charger was spoiled and the TWP totally cannot charge, until i report to support, which indeed, they do really provide support to replace me a new charger without having me paying a single penny.

2) Recently, got TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED, i mean really upset with the TWP performance in terms of BPM readings compared with an Iwatch Series 4. The reading went up from 97 to 153 bpm and then instantly dropped to 55 bpm. If user are not familiar with BPM reading, i'm sure he/she will be panicked with such reading. I have compared also with an omron blood pressure, turns out the TWP indeed got error....
Screenshot_20190820-194613.png
Screenshot_20190820-194613.png (158.69 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
Screenshot_20190820-194623.png
Screenshot_20190820-194623.png (156.8 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
Screenshot_20190820-194351.png
Screenshot_20190820-194351.png (184.1 KiB) Viewed 1305 times

no avatar
kehlebracht

Post by kehlebracht » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:28 pm

I've bought 2 watches the Pro and the C2. My wife and I live both of them. They were a very smart purchase over the competition.

There's some lagginess every so often but not enough for us to regret our choice.

We would definitely buy another mobvoi product again.

Thanks guys!

no avatar
dani121

Post by dani121 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 pm

I've been using the TicWatch E for a year & half now, It's been fun watching WearOS grow and change.
The watch works great actually, The battery lasts about 28 hours on my usage. But, I think It's time to upgrade.

no avatar
jjaakk

Post by jjaakk » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:35 pm

Well, here's the interesting thing. I haven't been looking through mobvoi forums because my Ticwatch E has been running just fine !

I use the "Twelvish" watch face, it passes on the notifications without problems.

The only recent shortcoming has been that Shazam on the watch has not been displaying the text once it works out the song. But that is an app problem, not a Ticwatch problem.

Aside from that, all good.

no avatar
Bradytic

Post by Bradytic » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:43 pm

I tried a tic watch for several months but the capabilities weren't sufficient to make up for the large size and very short battery life. I have gone back to a fitness tracker. All the phone, email and text notifications I need along with better fitness tracking, plus many days without charging.

no avatar
Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm afraid my experience is not a very good one, but it is fixable.
I like the watch, but;
I have all sorts of Icons I don't know what they are for.
Several times my watch hasn't charged. I don't know when it is charging or not.
Just now, I had it on the charger, when I took if off, it was turned off. Not sure why
Also, do I need it to be connected by bluetooth as well as having it's own phone number?
I have lots of questions, but there isn't an owners manual that gives this information.

no avatar
CroTicwatcher

Post by CroTicwatcher » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:01 am

Hi there Mobvoi and all the current and future Ticwatchers!

I've been using my Ticwatch E (bought it second-hand) for several months now. Mostly it merely shows me time and tracks my daily activity. I like to fool around with GPS and maps from time to time when I go hiking (that’s the prime reason I bought a smartwatch at all). I don’t use it connected to my phone (once per charge I connect and sync them). Here’s how I see it so far (Mobvoi wise).
I like the design. It’s different from all the Fossils, Misfits, Mont Blancs and all the other dull bunch. On the pros side I also think it holds a charge well (compared to others) as I can squeeze 50+ hours out of it (if I use it with only Tilt-To-Wake on). Don’t forget it’s an E (not an E2 with larger battery and Qualcom chipset). Battery life is an essential feature to me and from my next smart watch I will want a 5 days battery life (with low intensity use).
On the cons side, the charging contacts wear out to quickly (but from what I’ve heard its already better on E2).

There is another problem however and it’s called WearOS (not Mobvoi’s fault here). Perhaps the Ticwatch E which I’m wearing on my writs as I write this has too obsolete hardware to be able to hold charge for 5 days. Perhaps even snapdragon wear 2100 watches cannot provide much more on the battery department, but snapdragon 3100 smart watches must be able to provide 5 days on a charge. As it is now, they (mostly Fossils) are no better the my Ticwatch E with its ancient MTK cpu.

So Google, please speed up the works on WearOS and help Mobvoi sell me a new 5 days battery smart watch!
Last edited by CroTicwatcher on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.