Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off! [Closed]

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
zbrown
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Post by zbrown » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:36 pm

I have had the TicWatch S for almost 2 years now. By today's standards it isn't super fancy but it is still kicking. Battery life still lasts for a full day with ambient display on. The watchband broke at the connection to the watch about 6 months ago. This is not a repairable item. I super-glued it back to together without any loss of functionality. In terms of software I frequently find that apps have been inadvertently added to the do-not-notify list, e.g. Android messages. I have to go into the phone app to re-allow them to appear on my watch. I have heard similar stories from another friend who has the same watch.

no avatar
robert.masse45

Post by robert.masse45 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:14 pm

Bought a Ticwatch E at the same time as the Ticpods (crowdfunding promo) and have been using it ever since. Good watch that has been getting better. Since this is my first smart watch, I can't really compare it to others. Only issue that I have been having is with the update process. I very often have a message the the update could not be applied and to try again. It takes sometimes 3-4 tries ( on wifi) and it finally works.
Overall very satisfied, I'll probably upgrade to a new model within the next few months.
Thanks!

no avatar
hng783

Post by hng783 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:20 pm

I am looking for the LTE that works with my carrier!

no avatar
nikkialabi70

Post by nikkialabi70 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:21 pm

Husband is owner of a To watch S and loves it. He found it easy to get going and set up. Loves the King battery life on it which outlasts my Fossil Sport by two times. We are actually thinking of getting one for our son for Christmas.

no avatar
HLR8503

Post by HLR8503 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:23 pm

I had the tick watch e2 for about 2 weeks. The battery died on me and the charger wouldn't charge anymore. I wrote a message to support team. They wrote me back immediately gave me some troubleshooting, when that didn't work they advised me how to process a warranty. The warranty was quick and smooth, and I was able to get my watch back to me less than 4 days. I love my e2 and I had it. And I love that I can depend on this company to make sure that I continue loving their products Not just because of how amazing their products are for the price that they are. But because I know that I have a company that has my back because they back up their products. I look forward to the things that are going to grow with this company, and with their products. I look forward to being able to obtain more of their products. I'd really love to try their tick pro especially on the Verizon network, but I'll just have to wait till I financially can do that.

no avatar
Jeff

Post by Jeff » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Honestly -- I'm not a happy customer. After my first TicWatch Pro stopped working, just a couple months after purchase, the new one only get's a little more than a day's battery life. I also have an OLD Sony SW2 Android Wear watch that does twice as well as the TicWatch pro, and the Sony has an always-on display. On top of that, I've never had consistent use of "OK Google" on the watch, because it always errors: "Can't reach Google at the moment..." -- which is a known TicWatch problem that now, almost a year after purchase, still hasn't been fixed.

I took both issues to the Mobvoi booth at CES in January, and was only assured that they knew about both problems.

I don't think I'm going to risk buying another Mobvoi product. It's shame, because I really do love the watch in every other way.

no avatar
tobiasslaley

Post by tobiasslaley » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Ticwatch pro. Love the watch, great for notifications and fitness. Overall it is a really good device, does everything well and quickly enough not to bother getting my phone out most of the time. Only thing I would change is a backlight in essential mode and also a function to automatically put the watch into essential mode at a particular time. There not a lot of times I've needed the smart watch functions from 11pm to 6am. To be able to set the watch so it automatically went into essential mode at a set time, and then to wake up at another would be great for battery saving. It's a minor inconvenience switching it manually obviously but that would be a useful addition.
For the price I dont think anyone can beat this watch, it does everything all the more expensive ones do, just as well and just as fast.

no avatar
randyeby

Post by randyeby » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:34 pm

Extremely disappointed in the watch. Got it for Christmas and after about 6 months the charging contacts on the watch are so worn that I can't charge the watch. To charge the watch I have to dab liquid silver (used in computers as a conductor) to allow the watch to charge. I have to reapply every month.

The watch should have been an inductive charging device.

Won't recommend to anyone.

no avatar
akter.fahad

Post by akter.fahad » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:36 pm

Was waiting long for getting this promo offer. Thanks

no avatar
mpfaff

Post by mpfaff » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Had a Ticwatch E then bought a Ticwatch Pro 4g when it came out. Love it! My son was so impressed he bought a Pro for him and his girlfriend!