Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off! [Closed]

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
ammari
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Post by ammari » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:18 am

Hello,

I would like to list here my wish list for the next Tecwatch Pro that I would like to see, which in my humble opinion makes the perfect watch
- Latest Snapdragon 3100 chip + 1 GB or RAM (minimum) + 8 GB of Storage (minimum)
- A more sleek design (current design -again in my humble opinion- has an identity crisis between business and sporty/casual)
- A size more suitable for smaller wrists
- Great AMOLED screen with 1.2-1.39 inch size
- All kinds of connectivity possible: LTE/WiFi/Bluetooth/NFC/GPS
- All sensors possible: Ambient light/Heartbeat + ECG/Barometer/Altimeter/etc
- WIRELESS charging
- Mic + Speaker
- Rotating crown
- Interchangeable straps

I'm not going to say anything about the battery life, because the Ticwatch Pro has one of the best in the class.

no avatar
mattymarshall14

Post by mattymarshall14 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:00 pm

I've had a tic watch s for a but over a year now and have been happy with the watch functionality, however today the housing broke where the band pin is attached so mixed review

no avatar
SpiderSan

Post by SpiderSan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:06 pm

I have TicWatch E for about 2 years, I use it for exercising and I'm pretty happy with it.

no avatar
matt.rance13

Post by matt.rance13 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:43 pm

Spent ages looking for the right smart watch and so glad I picked the TicWatch Pro. The dual screens are great and one of the main reasons for picking this watch over others as its such a unique feature and helps with the battery life. Thank you Mobvoi, cannot see myself switching to anything else.

no avatar
technonerd91

Post by technonerd91 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:02 pm

I backed the ticpods on indiegogo and they’re my favorite earbuds now. I wouldn’t mind some more color options though

no avatar
keokistevenson

Post by keokistevenson » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:08 am

Hello guys,

I still love my watch. I hate that reminders aren't working on the TicWatch Pro. But that doesn't seem like your fault. Other brands have the same issue. I have one request create more watch faces that allow you to have events on the watch face. There aren't many out there and I'm tired of the one I have. Create some nice ones please.

I use my watch for productivity and the nicest watch faces don't allow you to see your next calendar event.

Thanks!

no avatar
dementedjake

Post by dementedjake » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:55 am

I have had my TicWatch C2 for almost a year now and I still love it! I wanted a smart watch and did a lot of research before purchasing the C2. It has been great for me. My only wist is that it was a bit thinner. It's not heavy and the size otherwise is perfect! I'm watching to see if there is another TicWatch I think I would like to up grade to in the next year.

no avatar
kofpop

Post by kofpop » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:38 am

Kickstarter backer of the Ticwatch E. It's stayed with me so far and I'm happy with the durability. My only issues with it:
- No NFC payment (but that didn't stop me from backing it)
- Poor battery life. Currently lasts about 20 hours which means sleep tracking is out of the question.
- Inaccuracy of outdoor run tracking. Probably an issue with the GPS. Was working accurately during my 1st few months but got a bit wonky after the last major update. Inaccuracy is about 700m-1km.
- Poor quality charging cable. Mine kickstarter package came with 2. Both are no longer working.

I have been keeping track of the releases and have been tempted to upgrade my watch but have not due to the following:
- Outdated processor
- Bluetooth still at 4.x
- Still using the same charging technology.

That being said, I still think the watches are good value for money.

the_smev

Post by the_smev » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:36 am

I have worn the TicWatch Pro since Christmas. I hadn't worn a watch for a long time, but this watch is so much more. In fact, my charger died, and the Mobvoi Service Department replaced it within days, but I really felt naked the few days I was without my watch. It was like I didn't have my wallet! I love getting notifications without everyone else hearing my phone go off. I also love being able to change the faces on the watch. One of the faces allows for different time zones. This is perfect for me since I travel pretty frequently and can keep one clock on my home zone. My wife bought this for me for a Christmas present because I wanted something that could encourage me to exercise, and this watch definitely helps with that. I'll admit that I prefer Google Fit to the TicExercise, but that aspect is such a big deal for me!

If I were going to ask for any specific features, it might be an enhancement to the notifications aspect. It would be very neat to turn off watch notifications from certain apps. Or, alternatively, to set up the watch to only receive notifications from specified apps (i.e. - Facebook Messenger, Text, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat). And possibly even to only display the content from a subset of those apps (i.e. - Facebook Messenger, Text, WhatsApp) while the others only report that there is a notification. There are a handful of apps I would probably turn off watch notifications for because they aren't as pressing to me, so just a thought.

Overall, I think this watch is amazing and thank you guys for what you do! And thank you for this forum! I hope it will be a huge resource for you guys and for those of us who love your products. If I think of any other suggestions, I'll definitely put it out here for you.

maxou3153

Post by maxou3153 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:45 am

Hi! Here's my review about Mobvoi.

First, the Ticwatch. I bought Ticwatch E a year ago, and I'm satisfied of this product. The watch works perfectly, and I charge it each day. I'm using an app from the Play Store to track my nights, and it's very nice!

Secondly, the Mobvoi apps. When the Ticwatch apps were updated a few months ago, I uninstalled Google Fit to use Ticwatch apps. Besides, the HR tracking does not consume my battery, and I'm very happy with it. Also, the tracking during the activities are accurate.

Thirdly, the bad point. Sometimes when I track my activity (with Google Fit or Ticwatch apps) the watch restart with no reason. I don't know why because I have no apps installed ... It's very strange.

That's all!

PS : I'm french, sorry for the mistakes