Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off! [Closed]

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Jamie1
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Post by Jamie1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:28 am

I currently own the Ticwatch E and Ticwatch S2, and have been pretty happy with both.

The E I originally got wanting to try out a smartwatch without spending $400+ and was really happy with the watch. It synced up to my watch no problem, I could leave my phone upstairs and take calls from my basement/back yard and loved all the free watch face options. The battery life started to fade after a few months, and I wanted to have a waterproof watch for an upcoming vacation.

This is where the S2 purchase came into play, and immediately I liked the look of the watch. It wasn't too bulky, and like the E very lightweight. Easy to download new watch faces, but even after a few factory resets I was never able to get it to sync up to my phone - which was never my intention for any smartwatch just a nice perk, but a disappointment nonetheless.

I also installed a golf GPS app that worked awesome the first round, but never again after that. I tried uninstalling the app from my phone and watch a few times and had to just stick to the phone app. The step counter also seems to only work when it wants to with everyday use, and has never worked when I have Pandora running/Bluetooth headphones in.

My only other complaint is having to lock the screen if wearing in the water/shower, but that's somewhat to be expected. The battery life is much better than the E, and am constantly getting compliments on the watch and have made a few converts over to TicWatch. My brother has the Pro and really likes it, so I'm planning on purchasing that next.

no avatar
d.jocius0

Post by d.jocius0 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:20 pm

I have got one of your Ticwatch E2. Overall have outstanding experience while using it since it has great price to value ratio. Had been using my E2 for more than 6 months now without any problem. The battery life could be a bit better as it lasts only for one day, but it has outstanding connectivity (pretty long range bluetooth), is really nice looking and lightweight. What I'm missing in E2 is NFC - would be great to have swim-proof device with NFC.

no avatar
lundrm12

Post by lundrm12 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:03 am

I currently own a Ticwatch S and I'm happy with the watch so far. The battery lasts all day with a nightly charge. The Ticwatch S did break on me once due to a software issue but since it was under warranty, the Mobvoi support replaced it with a new one within a couple weeks and I haven't had any issues since. Thanks Mobvoi!

no avatar
serouya2000

Post by serouya2000 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi the watch is way to big loved the 4g tested it out everything was pretty great but the size was not something i can exercise with or sleep with it was like a ton of bricks

no avatar
serouya2000

Post by serouya2000 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:38 pm

my dream is to have a watch like apple ,thin ,4g 18 hours always on display , fall detection in case something happens to me during a work out is also a little peace of mind when i am out alone , i am an android guy but i have an apple se and a watch just for working out and for the cell aspect always good to have a spare phone on u even though its a watch , the tic watch 4g was like having a spare phone on u not a spare watch that watch was so big oh man huge

no avatar
stephanieaaron1

Post by stephanieaaron1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:39 pm

I am in love with my TicWatch Pro. I show it off all the time. I recently switched over to an iPhone and I hate that the watch is not as compatible but it still does more than the Apple Watch. Let’s work on that Mobvoi!!!!

no avatar
brian

Post by brian » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:07 pm

I've had a Ticwatch Pro since December last year & have been pretty happy with it other than the usual niggles (essential mode date backwards for UK market).

One thing that is driving me up the wall now is that it has started vibrating (twice) roughly 10 minutes before the hour with no notifications !!

I did a full factory reset, did not install any apps & it still does it :(

Any clues ?

no avatar
anthony.royle

Post by anthony.royle » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:25 pm

I'm wearing a ticwatch S right now and it is almost ideal the battery lasts all day with 50% left when I put it on charge at night, even though I use always on display. Wear OS does most of what I want from a watch. But there are some things I'd like:
- Week long battery life
- A display which doesn't glow all the time
- Easier access to installed apps
- Faster voice recognition.

I think 2 of those would be fixed by upgrading to a ticwatch Pro, and fingers crossed Google will fix the second two.

no avatar
jrkoensgen

Post by jrkoensgen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:58 am

I have a Ticwatch e and use it for communicating with my Constant Glucose Monitor sensor ( I was using a Libre Freestyle/ Miaomiao combo but have switched to a Dexcom G5). Until the last couple of days, the watch has performed brilliantly using the xDrip+ app which I've been using since I got the watch. All of a sudden the battery has started to run to nothing from 100% in less than 6 hours. I tried to put the watch on the power saver setting but there was no improvement. I've had it run down to nothing 4 times in the last day and a half. When I wasn't wearing it, the watch was charging. I only put it back on when I could see it was 100% charged. I didn't touch anything so I'm not sure why this is happening. The watch was purchased October 23/2018... today is October 20th, 2019!

Advice?

no avatar
frogmorg

Post by frogmorg » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Enjoyed my Ticwatch S, but looking forward to upgrading to a Pro when I get the 30% discount code