Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Garciajr03
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Your Voice Matters - Participate and get 30% off!

Post by Garciajr03 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:48 pm

I bought the Tic Pods Free last year and they've been working great. I did manage to lose my charging case and I contacted customer service about my issue. I knew my chances of being able to do anything about it was very slim, but Mobvoi allowed me to repurchase a new set for 75% off. Which was good enough for me. Great customer service and great product!

no avatar
gencarellip71

Post by gencarellip71 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:49 pm

I have been using my TicWatch Sport for roughly a year and its by far the best smart watch I have owned. Its simple to use, quick notifications at a glance, and helps out with activity tracking (cycling and hiking). I'd give the original TicWatch Sport a solid 3.5 out of 5

I backed the TicPods free on Indiegogo last year and I have never used a pair of headphones as comfortable or convenient than these. Bluetooth pairing happens immediately, can connect to multiple devices, sweat resistant, and stay in my ears when im cycling. No wires is the future and these were the first main stream (non apple air pods) that got everything right. battery life is absolutely amazing.

no avatar
Septemfluous

Post by Septemfluous » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:50 pm

I bought the C2 and loved how it worked, just wanted something a little more waterproof (I travel and do some shallow diving quite a bit) and a battery that lasted a whole day. So, I bought the Pro. It has two screens (an LCD screen that is supposed to be always on and the AMOLED screen for the fancy stuff). The Pro is SO buggy.

1. The LCD screen won't stay on (one of the boasted features) and even if it did,
2. it would be useless because it shows a random time (seriously, not just hours... minutes too).
3. You push the button to turn the screen on and... nothing. So you push it again and that's when the screen turns on for a second, then goes to apps. So, you have to push the button a third time to see what time it is. If you set the screen to be "touch to open" it doesn't register your touches.
4. The battery always and only shows 50%. So, you don't know how much battery you have or if it needs charging. Also, if you plug your charger into something that is more than 5v 1a, it burns out and you need to get another one.

I have rebooted hundreds of times, I have reset the watch multiple times, I don't have any apps installed on the watch (still having all of the problems). I contacted support. They opened a ticket. And the ticket is languishing with nobody looking at it.

I really, really wanted to like these watches, but I just can't. They don't work as advertised. They don't really work well at all. :cry:

no avatar
smmcsweeneyv

Post by smmcsweeneyv » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:50 pm

I use the ticwatch e and My thoughts are simple. The battery life is terrible, the watch will never last 24 hrs. I don't have 24 hr heart rate, I don't have the screen on all the time. It's bad

The watch can often be sluggish, taking as much as 3 minutes to open the play Store or messages. Often time there is a lag when typing.

Also, why does it not track sleep patterns or perform periodic heart rate checks, like every other watch out there?

no avatar
brcowan

Post by brcowan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:51 pm

I'm coming from a Pebble 2 HR, and the only reason I moved was because the app sync was getting weird. Particularly notifications, the pebble app would steal notifications (the sound wouldn't happen) and the notification would also not go to the watch,

I have a Ticwatch E2

My biggest pro is that the bright display means that I don't always have to go fishing out my glasses to read notifications.

Minuses:
  • Battery life is inconsistent. Sometimes I get 2.5 days, sometimes I get 1.5 days.
  • Display does not always wake on touch, except of course when I don't want it to. I wear it to bed so that I have a silent alarm. And it lights up any time my arm touches the screen
  • Tiles sometimes stall.
  • App loading time (Google Play Store in particular) is so long the screen turns off WHILE the app is loading. Since the only reliable way to bring up the display is to press the side button, which then sends you back to "home" this is a little frustrating.
  • No sleep tracking. What's the ETA on that?
  • No automatic brightness adjustment, so I have to leave it all the way up if I want to be able to still read it while going between indoor and outdoor situations
At least half of those can be laid @ Google's and Qualcomm's feet, but still.

I already have a watch, what on earth would I need a discount code on a second one for?

no avatar
robvy35

Post by robvy35 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:52 pm

Love my Tick Watch Pro. Only a couple complaints. One is the heart rate sensor. It doesn't seam to work as well as other fitness trackers I've worn. Not sure if having a custom watch face has anything to do with it but i have to manually check my HR it will not automatically check it. My Second complaint is when responding to messages there is delay in the touch screen sometimes it causes me to send messages a couple times on accident.

no avatar
serrawg

Post by serrawg » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:53 pm

I bought a Ticwatch E after a couple years with the original Moto 360. Was pleasantly surprised by the price and amount of functionality for a watch in that price range (speaker built in to take phone calls on a sub-$200 watch?!)... I've since sold it and am between smartwatches right now as it was getting a little sluggish after about a year and I was bored with the design... I'm looking at the Misfit Vapor X (and Vapor 2) because I like the look/feel of those. My only hesitation with the TicWatch Pro is the bulky look/feel and the pricing... Keep up the good work of pushing other manufacturers to step their game up on the battery life/functionality fronts (at lower price points too)!

no avatar
niborhood1999

Post by niborhood1999 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:57 pm

I have 2 ticwatch one s and other s2. The s in the first months have problems but the mobvoi resolve me. And the s2 i dont have any problem and looks so friendly and perfect for the price...

no avatar
dansells3

Post by dansells3 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:57 pm

I have a ticwatch E and I've enjoyed the watch for about a year. The charger went out and i have to use a rubber band to hold it into place so it can get a decent charge. Also, the battery drains alot quicker than before to where i am below half before i even leave for work and that's without notifications going off. It loses it pairing with my phone constantly. And finally, the watch band broke and ticwatch doesn't have the bands i need in stock. So i have duct tape on the band to keep it on my wrist. I'm really starting to not like this watch because there's no support when things go wrong and you cant replace any pieces because they promote the new watches only.

no avatar
nickyli369

Post by nickyli369 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:58 pm

Ticwatch pro is the best wear OS watch available in the world.

Wish to have sleep tracking function.