Mobvoi
Site Admin
Cash on hand: Locked

I factory reset my watch, now I can’t sync to Google no matter what I try

Post by Mobvoi » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:16 pm

If you are unable to sync with Google after a factory reset, try the following:
  1. Re-pair your watch.
  2. During setup, skip the Google sync step on the watch
  3. Once setup on the watch is complete, open the Wear OS app on your phone.
  4. Add your Google account to the watch by opening Advanced settings/Accounts and Add another account.
If it still doesn't work, please provide a screenshot and detailed description of the error on your phone.

Note: This issue is referred to Google. If you have this problem, open your Wear OS app, tap the three dots in the upper right, tap the menu item help & feedback then tap send feedback and report your details.

Applies to:
TicWatch S
TicWatch E
TicWatch C2
TicWatch S2
TicWatch E2
TicWatch Pro
TicWatch Pro 4G

no avatar
Macca

Re: I factory reset my watch, now I can’t sync to Google no matter what I try

Post by Macca » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:20 am

Yep! I have a new s9 phone but reluctant to try to transfer as there appears to be some real drama😳 still using my s7! I've done some tinkering with the settings and it's now just as quick as the fossil axial that i have. No lag etc. Great watch cheers

no avatar
belisle.amelie

Post by belisle.amelie » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi!

I have this problem as well. I last used my watch in 2019 with a S9 phone. I did not use it a for a couple of months. I now have a Google Pixel 3XL with the Android Version 10. I have the following Ticwtahc: Ticwatch2-i18n (device name) with the Ticwear version Tic_4.4.0_intl.

I did a factory reset on my watch this morning. Since then, I have been trying to connect it to the Wear app, but it does not find the watch, at all. I wish I could try the usual tricks to fortget the deviceon the Bluetooth, etc., but it is not in my phone anymore. I tried closing the app/phone/bluetooth and rebooting the watch.

I need help please.Image

no avatar
Macca

Post by Macca » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:11 pm

I had the same issue. Have you tried removing wear os and reinstall on phone. Took a few attempts but I got it sorted. It's as though the wear os app retains some link from original pairing! I switched off the phone after removing the app from memory . Took about 3 attempts and then it found the watch!

no avatar
Macca

Post by Macca » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:14 pm

Ps, I believe if you open a new google account it will pick up watch no sweat but that's the last option!

no avatar
suusshel118

Post by suusshel118 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:08 pm

I have same problem I have tic watch 2 ,which I had just made to reset and now it displayes a qr code and I'm.not able to connect with play store app wat to do

Sabertooth.
Bank: Locked

Post by Sabertooth. » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:09 pm

suusshel118 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:08 pm
I have same problem I have tic watch 2 ,which I had just made to reset and now it displayes a qr code and I'm.not able to connect with play store app wat to do
Greetings suusshel118!

For the TicWatch 2, use the TicWear Global app to scan the QR code. Find the app with the link here: https://forum.mobvoi.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=55091

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator