Quick Password / Quick Commands?

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Bernardo.danny
Cash on hand: Locked

Quick Password / Quick Commands?

Post by Bernardo.danny » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:45 pm

Hey guys,

Just picked up the Ticpods 2 Pro and was going through the app yesterday evening. I noticed there's a toggle for "Quick Password" which I believe is just labelled incorrectly and should be "Quick Commands", is this correct?

Also just wondering how people are finding this feature? I noticed I have to speak a lot louder for these commands in comparison to the "Hey Tico" command. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,
Danny

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Quick Password / Quick Commands?

Post by garrywadams » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:43 pm

That is correct.
Many of the Chinese translations in the TicPods 2/Pro section of the app still need to be refined.
Sorry for the confusion.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
hilker09

Post by hilker09 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:59 pm

I've wondered about this as well, because for me it's just as easy to say "Hey, Google"as to say "Hey, Tico," and it even takes a few seconds longer to connect using the latter. What is the advantage to using the Tico command? Just trying to understand.

At this point I have that toggled off. Hoping that will improve my battery life. I'm not finding it to go the full 4 hours. Glad we have options to toggle off.

no avatar
b

Post by b » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:04 am

@hilker09:
I myself find the command "Hey Tico" very usefull. When I'm in the living room and say "Hey Google", I don't know who will answer: my WearOs watch, my smartphone, my Google home mini???
So saying "Hey Tico", it will be guaranteed that I hear the answer through my Ticpods!
When I wear my Ticpods outdoors, it is also always clear that Google will answer through the Ticpods when I say "Hey Tico" and not my smartphone.