Cannot pair ticpod 2 with two devices

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Elebherz
Cash on hand: Locked

Cannot pair ticpod 2 with two devices

Post by Elebherz » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:30 am

Hello,

I have successfully paired my ticpods 2 with my Ticwatch but it will not pair with my phone, even after disconnecting it from my watch. I've double clicked the button on the charger to disconnect that way, then tried phone pairing and that did not work. I held it for 8 seconds and successfully paired it with my phone after a reset, but then cannot pair it with my watch. It's only one or the other.

I believe the expected behavior is to have it paired with both phone and watch, and then toggle back and forth using the button on the pod charging case.

Thanks!

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Cannot pair ticpod 2 with two devices

Post by garrywadams » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:00 pm

Elbherz,
The TicPods 2 will only actively pair with one device at a time. The process to connect to another device (phone or watch) is to put the headphones in the charging case and double press the button to disconnect from the current paired device. Then while the lid is still open, double press the button again to initiate the pairing process. You'll see the LEDs light up blue indicating that the headphones are in pairing mode. You can then connect the desired device (phone or watch). You shouldn't have to reset the headphones each time, but you do have to initiate the pairing process for the headphones to "look for" the other device and connect.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
jontepper

Post by jontepper » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Does the Ticpod 2 Pro or the Pro+ can pair with one than one device at one time?

no avatar
jontepper

Post by jontepper » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:39 pm

If anyone is interested, Cathy from Mobvoi Support replied to my inquiry:
Thank you for reaching out to the Mobvoi support team!

Kindly please be noted that Ticpods 2 Pro+ can only be connected to one device when pairing.

As always, thank you for supporting Mobvoi. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
I am a big fan of the TicPod 2 series :!: I do hope they consider to add this feature. When I workout, I have two devices connected, my watch and phone. Also when I work, I have two devices as well that I want to connect. One for conferencing and the other my personal phone.