Single Ear Use

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
lrschoen
Cash on hand: Locked

Single Ear Use

Post by lrschoen » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:27 am

Hello! It seems my Ticpods 2 (not pro) can only be used either together or the *left* ear independently. Is this by design?

If so, are the Pro earbuds different? I want to be able to use the *right* ear bud independently.

Thx

no avatar
goldgold09.8123

Re: Single Ear Use

Post by goldgold09.8123 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:56 pm

I want it too, if anyone knows please tell us.
thanks

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:47 pm

Yes, this is by design. You cannot select a "master" bud, it is hard-coded in the firmware. The Pro also uses the left ear as the master. The right cannot be used alone.

The original TicPods Free use the right pod as the master. You can pick up a set of the TPF if you're looking for single right earbud use.

Something that others have done is to take both pods out of the case and just leave the left one on the desk and put the right one in the ear. The left has to be out of the charging case because that's where the phone pairs, but that doesn't mean it has to be in your ear. Both buds will be playing audio and using battery, but you can use the right one by itself as long as the left is out of the case and within range of the right.

I have both the TPF and the TP2 Pro. I do like the new generation better with that ONE exception. I also prefer use of the right earbud if I'm only going to use one at a time. Kind of a bummer that we can't set that option.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
carlosftd

Post by carlosftd » Sat May 16, 2020 7:51 am

Hello, this having to have the left earpiece out of the box or have it inside but without closing the box to be able to use the right one, can it only be corrected with future updates or will it have no solution?

Thanks and regards.