Calendar Displaying wrong dates for events

no avatar
TicTock

Calendar Displaying wrong dates for events

Post by TicTock » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:48 pm

I have noticed a couple of times now an issue with the calendar. I thought it might get fixed with the new update that just happened but it did not. As an example, if I have an all day even that is on my google calendar on July 2nd, my watch is showing it as an event on July 1st. This should not be the case obviously, just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. It is really annoying since then the date the event is truly on, the watch does not show it at all. I am wondering if the code is reading a 12am to 12am logic. Instead I think it should read a 12am to 11:59pm. That is my guess but not sure how the google code for their all day events is programmed either.

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Re: Calendar Displaying wrong dates for events

Post by Gaby » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:13 am

1.Could you please provide the information of your watch firmware version, companion version, phone model and OS version?
2.Did you give the access of ticwear to google calendar?
3.Is it possible for you to record a video about your issue?

no avatar
TicTock

Post by TicTock » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:08 pm

1. The watch is on firmware Tic_4.10.0.0_intl and the phone version is on Tic v4.10.0_intl. That is running on an LG V10 running Android 6.0.
2. Not really sure what this means. I see other appointments on the watch without issues. It is just the all day events that are showing up on the day before they are supposed to so it has access to the calendar.
3. I don't have the ability to do a video but I would say create an all day even on google calendar and then look at it on the watch. It will show up the day before the day you put it in the calendar for.

To clarify it looks like it is only doing it when you check the All Day check box in the appointment set up. If I run a 12am-midnight, then it does place the event on the right day. It is when I check the All Day checkbox that it is causing the problem.

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:12 am

Hi TicTock,

We've tested at our end. It works fine. Please note what the watch showed is that showed on your phone.

no avatar
Jevk

Post by Jevk » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:05 am

I'm having the same issue. All my events are showing up a day early. I have tried rebooting and even did a factory reset. Re-synced my apps from my phone. Still shows up a day early. I at first thought it was due to my Google calendar being start week on Monday, but I changed to Sunday, did another reboot, factory rest and Re-synced apps and it's still wrong.

no avatar
krhineheart

Post by krhineheart » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:57 am

I just got my ticwatch2 last week and I am having the same issue. I agree with userTicTock that the problem occurs when the event/appointment is marked as an all day event. It is even happening on Holidays.

I am unable to successfully do a video, but I have attached images showing the google calendar with Martin Luther King day correctly on 1/15/2018 and the Ticwatch calendar showing it on 1/14/2018
Attachments
Google.png
Google.png (110.27 KiB) Viewed 492 times
TicWatch.jpg
TicWatch.jpg (77.72 KiB) Viewed 492 times

no avatar
stattersall

Post by stattersall » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:40 am

I have the same issue. Mobvoi seems to not understand the issue. I have gone back and forth with customer support and I'm not getting anywhere. This is an issue on both the stable and beta channels. If I create a cal event as "all day" the watch registers it a day early, if I schedule the same event from 12:00 am -11:59 pm it shows correctly. I wish someone could help. A watch should be accurate first, above all else.