GPS on/off toggle

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
Dani
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:18 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: GPS on/off toggle

Post by Dani » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:50 am

So how does it work then? It's certainly not on all the time as the GPS icon is not there on the quick-card. I haven't used it for outdoors sport but my guess is that it's turned on automatically when using an app that needs it? Pretty much the same an Android phone does.

no avatar
Harboe
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:32 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: GPS on/off toggle

Post by Harboe » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:12 pm

+1

no avatar
bibet80
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:15 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: GPS on/off toggle

Post by bibet80 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:53 am

Dani wrote:So how does it work then? It's certainly not on all the time as the GPS icon is not there on the quick-card. I haven't used it for outdoors sport but my guess is that it's turned on automatically when using an app that needs it? Pretty much the same an Android phone does.


I believe it only works when you use the fitness app and select outdoor walking / running or cycling. t will auto toggle ON by itself

no avatar
Dani
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:18 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: GPS on/off toggle

Post by Dani » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:53 am

bibet80 wrote:
Dani wrote:So how does it work then? It's certainly not on all the time as the GPS icon is not there on the quick-card. I haven't used it for outdoors sport but my guess is that it's turned on automatically when using an app that needs it? Pretty much the same an Android phone does.


I believe it only works when you use the fitness app and select outdoor walking / running or cycling. t will auto toggle ON by itself


Ok, that's good enough for me.

no avatar
Candid
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:38 pm
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: GPS on/off toggle

Post by Candid » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:08 pm

Today I recorded a walk. After I have ended and saved gps keept staying on (symbol in quickcard) and I could not get it to go off I had to reboot. After this Ticwear Global had lost connection to the watch. I could not get it to reconnect/re-pair I had to factory reset the watch again (third time I lost connection to Ticwear Global and had to factory reset).

no avatar
Dani
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:18 am
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: GPS on/off toggle

Post by Dani » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:21 pm

Candid wrote:Today I recorded a walk. After I have ended and saved gps keept staying on (symbol in quickcard) and I could not get it to go off I had to reboot. After this Ticwear Global had lost connection to the watch. I could not get it to reconnect/re-pair I had to factory reset the watch again (third time I lost connection to Ticwear Global and had to factory reset).


That's bad! :shock:

Android or iOS? Running the latest OTA?

no avatar
Candid
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:38 pm
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: GPS on/off toggle

Post by Candid » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Android and latest OTA.

Post Reply