Syncing/Pairing Issue

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
oghammy
Cash on hand: Locked

Syncing/Pairing Issue

Post by oghammy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:11 am

This has been a big issue so far for multiple people and its pretty frustrating. I try to set up the watch but get stuck at the syncing process when the watch says "Paired. Now loading the system." but the bluetooth on my iphone 6s w/ ios 10.0.2 keeps disconnecting/flashing. I follow the instuctions Mobvoi gives and do a factory reset on the watch, "forget" bluetooth device and restart my phone. I am stuck in a cycle of doing this process until finally it syncs and the watch works great then the companion app loses connection and keeps flashing the bluetooth device icon forever. I restart the phone, disable/enable bluetooth, and reboot the watch but it all doesn't work. My last resort is to do a factory reset on the watch and start the whole process again. Right now the watch is stuck at the syncing process. The ticwatch was updated to 4.24 OS, please help.

no avatar
somerset

Re: Syncing/Pairing Issue

Post by somerset » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:16 am

I did reinstall the companion app and restart the phone, reset the watch, and set everything clean, it worked for me eventually. Yeah, but it's painful. Hope the iOS10.0.2 issues will be fixed soon.

no avatar
oghammy

Post by oghammy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:05 pm

Reinstalling the app didn't fix anything, still stuck. If there was a solution or an update, please inform me mobvoi.

no avatar
carrieb

Post by carrieb » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:13 pm

reinstalled twice and reboot daily with same issue
ticwatch updated last night
and iOS 10.0.2

no avatar
aleksandrss

Post by aleksandrss » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Same issue.
Ticwear 4.2.5.
iOS 10.1 Public Beta 3.

Found solution: Turn off bluetooth on iphone and hard reset it. Start syncing process again.

no avatar
oghammy

Post by oghammy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:06 am

Disabling Bluetooth and hard reset didn't work, I've done multiple different ways of trying to get the devices to sync but the bluetooth connectivity stays in the exact same pattern: BT On when pairing, BT Off when typing in country and preferences, BT Flashes then turns On for a second and turns Off and stays off when clicking Sync, it may flash for a second after but it stays off(This is refering to the BT Symbol on the top corner of the iphone) Please inform if you found a solution other than the syncing just randomly working.

no avatar
aleksandrss

Post by aleksandrss » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:56 am

I had exactly same symptoms.
Try: on iphone delete bt device ; turn off bt ; hard reset (hold home & power button) & factory reset watch. Start syncing process.

no avatar
dca.post@gmail.com

Post by dca.post@gmail.com » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:49 pm

Same issue. Have rebooted and reset perhaps 70 times. Watch WILL NOT pair with iOS 10.0.2 on my phone. Deleted and reloaded the app. No help. Curious as to how others have been able to update watch without pairing. So far, my Ticwatch is nothing more than a brick.

no avatar
aleksandrss

Post by aleksandrss » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:54 am

There is still one solution.. Find friend with Android phone, syncs easily and you can update watch os. Worked for me.

no avatar
oghammy

Post by oghammy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:37 pm

I have updated the ticwatch OS to 4.25 which I assume is the correct updated OS when the watch worked temporarily so the updated OS is still not compatible so even if I traded my ticwatch for a updated one, it still wouldn't work.