Ticwatch as a Running companion [bug/requests/reviews...]

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
bibet80
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch as a Running companion [bug/requests/reviews...]

Post by bibet80 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:07 am

I'm using companion app 4.2.9_intl on my Android phone and 4.2.6_intl on my T2. I was testing the watch GPS this morning with short outdoor walk and turned off my phone bluetooth so that the watch was disconnected from the phone. After finished, I enabled the phone bluetooth and opened the companion app and managed to find the map of my walk pretty accurate. If the watch is connected to the phone, the map will not be shown in the companion app. And make sure you are using the latest version in both companion app and the watch.

no avatar
giandep
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch as a Running companion [bug/requests/reviews...]

Post by giandep » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:06 pm

Hi All,

I just got my Onyx and went for a 5K race this past weekend. Distance and pace were accurate since I compared them with the official race times. I agree with all the comments reported in this post and the improvements needed (vibration every mile, better battery efficiency while running, etc.) My main feedback is about the Health app and Google Fit app data reporting:

-Since I did not have my phone with me, google fit did not register the run as well as the steps (total step is correct but no step during the race).
-The Health app does not show any stats on the run, only the overall stats. No pace for each mile is reported. There should be a graph reporting the race pace over the length of the run. I know that the TW2 is not an activity band, but these are feature that can be relatively easy implemented since the data is there.
-The heart rate measurements are constant but the app only reports the average. also in this case there should be a graph reporting the heart rate over the length of the run. The Google fit has the ability to import heart rates but they are not transferred from the watch.

Thanks for compiling all the feedback and I hope someone from Mobvoi acknowledges the post and comes with a concrete action plan.