No notifications

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

ak1
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: No notifications

Post by ak1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Doh! If reboots, reinstalls, factory resets and settings are all checked, that's me all out of ideas :(

The only other thing I can think is that it's maybe an issue on the phone settings?

I once had a problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & my Pebble where notifications suddenly stopped going to the watch.

After playing for hours, it turned out that my phone had decided to save battery life by stopping the Pebble app from running in the background.
I had to go into the phone's power saving settings and set the Pebble app to "never disable"
After that notifications worked fine again, it sure was a mission to track it down!

ak1

Post by ak1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:48 pm

Sleepy wrote:Flight mode was active after I made the update. I did not change it accidently, pretty sure. This might be a little bug, but easy to handle :roll:

Just read your reply again, so did that fix it?
Are you getting your notifications now?

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:53 pm

Nope. Same. No notifications.
I'm trying, one more time, to - phone: remove/uninstall everything watch related; & watch: factory reset.
Will send update later.

ak1

Post by ak1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:58 pm

Hope it works for you! These things can be a real pain to fix sometimes

ak1

Post by ak1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:17 pm

Some more things you could check....

Launch the Ticwatch phone app....

Check at the top to make sure "Notification Access" is showing "enabled"
(If not, click on it and toggle the switch to on for the Ticwatch app)

Also, back in the app first screen, look under the "Notification Settings" header and make sure:

"Send Notifications" option is green to the right

Also make sure
"Disable when screen is on" is greyed out as that would stop notifications on your watch whenever your phone's screen is on.

Finally at the bottom, under "Filter Notification By app" I assume you have set the apps you want notifications from in the right group? Blocked apps are at the top with red circles, allowed apps are at the bottom with green ones (I'm sure you noticed that, but worth checking) ;)

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:32 pm

:D
Okay, this is what I did, as far as I can remember...
Phone:
Removed Gear 2 app.
Removed Android Wear app (both of these were for my other smart watch).
Removed Mobvoi store app.
Removed Ticwatch app.
Rebooted.
Reinstalled Ticwatch (Global) app.
Watch:
Factory reset - including clear data.
Phone:
Start app & reset-up the connection to watch. (i.e. scan QR code, etc.) Did not use restore option.
Block App notifications - block none.
Check Flight Mode is off.

Although everything looks the same settings as before, I finally got an email notification! Yay!
Not sure what caused or cured it. Maybe an interaction from the "old" smart watch apps. Maybe clearing the stored watch data.

Thanks for your support AK1. Maybe my notes can help others.
Cheers.

ak1

Post by ak1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:37 pm

No problem, i guess several things may have caused it, perhaps the Mobvoi team can shed some light when they see this?
I'm glad you fixed it finally :)

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:22 am

Thanks AK1. Yes, it was quite frustrating. I was beginning to lose 'faith'. ;-) Dam good watch otherwise. A few things need to improve, but it's early days. I'm a happy camper again!

no avatar
Alextic

Post by Alextic » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:58 am

Phil wrote::D
Okay, this is what I did, as far as I can remember...
Phone:
Removed Gear 2 app.
Removed Android Wear app (both of these were for my other smart watch).
Removed Mobvoi store app.
Removed Ticwatch app.
Rebooted.
Reinstalled Ticwatch (Global) app.
Watch:
Factory reset - including clear data.
Phone:
Start app & reset-up the connection to watch. (i.e. scan QR code, etc.) Did not use restore option.
Block App notifications - block none.
Check Flight Mode is off.

Although everything looks the same settings as before, I finally got an email notification! Yay!
Not sure what caused or cured it. Maybe an interaction from the "old" smart watch apps. Maybe clearing the stored watch data.

Thanks for your support AK1. Maybe my notes can help others.
Cheers.

My congratulations! Unfortunatelly I still have an ussie with notifications.. Restarted and reseted apps and wathces many times, checked all options (Flight Mode, blocks etc), but nothing changed..

ak1

Post by ak1 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:02 am

Totally understand!

I remember how limited the Pebble was when they first launched it. Lots of little bugs, many limitations, but each software update fixed things and opened up new abilities....now it's a superb watch with very few issues.

I'm loving Ticwatch, but I do miss a number of things that will hopefully come with updates & from apps (e.g. switching phone settings from the watch like volume/vibrate/silent, toggle Wi-Fi etc)

I do really miss the long battery life and waterproofing as I wore my Pebble Time 24/7, only taking it off for a few hours every 5-6 days to charge it.
That said, it now looks really basic, almost toylike, in comparison to the beautiful and sophisticated Ticwatch Onyx :)