No notifications

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

Phil
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: No notifications

Post by Phil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:33 am

Yes, understood and agreed. The great looks of the Ticwatch do come at a price, compared to Pebble, and others. But I accepted that price, with eyes open, and their introductory KS price could not be ignored. :-)

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:37 am

@Alextic. Sorry to hear that. I can only suggest what I did. As I had the same issue as you, but managed to clear away what was causing it. Good luck.

no avatar
Guido

Post by Guido » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:44 pm

I'm having the same issue with no notifications on Android. I factory reset the watch, uninstalled the app and started over. All settings and permissions are set and enabled and the watch is connected to the phone but still no notifications on the watch. I'm not in airplane mode.

At a loss to explain why the watch stopped working.

Phil

Post by Phil » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:29 am

@Guido: Sounds the same as I had. You may have also tried these, but I'll mention them as you didn't...
Phone - I removed *all* smart watch apps - Mobvoi store, Gear/Pebble, Android Wear, Watchmaker, etc
Watch: On factory reset - select "clear data".
Phone: When setting up the app again (1) Do not use the restore option. (2) Block App notifications >> block none (for starters, until it's working again).

Phil

Post by Phil » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:46 am

I should add, for those reading this Topic, that my actions listed earlier did clear the issue that I could not get around for a few days, until I did those steps.
However !!! :( it still bites me once or twice a day. So there is still an issue. I expect we are not alone.
Fortunately, the three or four times it has happened since my "fix", it only required a simultaneous reboot of the phone and the watch to get it back notifying the Ticwatch. :)

no avatar
Guido

Post by Guido » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:12 pm

I have literally uninstalled the app and factory reset the watch over 15 times now. I delete the data when I reset the watch. I remove the Ticwatch from the bluetooth pairing on my phone before rebooting after I remove the app. Everything loads fine and the watch always connects. I leave the notifications as is. I have no other smartwatch apps to conflict with the Ticwear. I've checked every possible setting on my phone and the watch and yet I'm still not getting any notifications on the watch.

I have a Galaxy S5 running KitKat.

ak1

Post by ak1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Guido, have you checked your phone's app optimisation settings?
Samsung phone's often close down "unused" background apps to save power.

Goto Settings -> battery
Under the heading "app power saving" click the "details" button

Make sure the Ticwatch and Mobvoi store apps are listed as disabled (to prevent your phone from shutting then down), then reboot your phone.

It may not work, but it's worth a try as this setting sorted my Pebble notification issues a while back

ak1

Post by ak1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Additionally, double check you have enabled the Ticwatch app in the android notification access page...

Launch the Ticwatch app
Click on "Notifications"
At the very top of that page, click on "Notification access" and make sure the Ticwatch app had a green toggle switch & is showing as "enabled"back on the Ticwatch apps notification screen

no avatar
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:58 pm

I did run in the same issue now as well. This seems to be a major problem.. Everything worked great before. Now I did not get any notifications anymore. Strange thing is, my music is not shown under phone in companion app also!
Could please someone check if mp3's are shown in the phone tab still? I just upgraded Tic companion app to 4.4.0. Now I get google notifications again, at least.

no avatar
Guido

Post by Guido » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:50 pm

I don't have power saving mode enabled on my phone. My notification access is enabled, send notifications is green and I have no applications blocked. Everything was working fine until the last update.

At this point I now own a very expensive digital watch.