No notifications

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
sreeharicp
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: No notifications

Post by sreeharicp » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:01 am

Add to this - in the OPPS R(s phone, when you see the running apps, the ticwear global app shows a padlock symbol which is not the case with other apps on the phone. I am unable to receive any notifiction on the ticwatch 2 from the phone. On contacting the OPPO technical support, they have suggested to contact Mobvoi Ticwear application support team to look in to this issue as this is not an issue with the phone.

Can the technical support team please take a look and advise?

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:08 am

@sreeharicp - I currently have same issue you describe. It is quite disappointing. I have submitted issue to Mobvoi Support - but they are yet to be of any help. We seem to be stuck with this for now, which makes using the watch quite unattractive. Sometimes it will work fine for 8 hours, other time only 10 minutes. Due to the unpredictable nature of it, I have no idea what is causing it. We both need Mobvoi to help us.

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:47 am

@sreeharicp - There was an update on 5 Jan, I just noticed. Issue is still similar, but different. I get new warning massage from Ticwear Global app - notification service error - notifications not available ....... It has a "Settings" button which is supposed to go to system settings, but instead goes to a Help screen... in Chinese. This should not be so hard! Also, I do not get the padlock symbol on the running apps, so this does not seem to mean anything regarding this issue.

no avatar
MythX

Post by MythX » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:44 pm

I mean has nobody else tried to Google Translate that page?

OPPO
ColorOS 系统:
1. 先卸载掉之前的客户端,重新安装
2. 设置>电池>其他>Ticwear助手>关闭后台冻结/检测到异常时自动优化
非ColorOS 版本系统:
设置>显示>个人及安全--自启动管理>打开Ticwear助手开关

ENGLISH:

OPPO
ColorOS system:
First uninstall the previous client, re-install
2. Settings> Batteries> Other> Ticwear Assistant> Off background freeze / automatic optimization when an exception is detected
Non-ColorOS version system:
Settings> Display> Personal & Security - Boot Management> Open the Ticwear Assistant switch

Personally, I've followed this and had it working for ~1 day so far, I'd like to add that I've yet to work out why, but I seem to always need to have the watch on before I turn the phone on.

Hope this helps.

- MythX

OPPO F1S | Ticwatch 2 Onyx

Phil

Post by Phil » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 pm

Oppo + Ticwatch now working/notifying properly.
Solution is to stop Oppo from killing Ticwatch background processes, to save battery. As per above translation.

no avatar
Thegs

Post by Thegs » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:24 pm

After updating my HTC M9 to Android 7 the notifications stopped comming. Allready turned off battery optimization but still no luck. Also keep receiving notification service error when opening the app. Any solutions for this problem?

no avatar
letnic

Post by letnic » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Count me in. My TicWatch E stopped giving me regular notifications. Instead, it gives me erratic messages of things past or tha didn’t was set for.

But the more frustrating is, no more incoming call notification. So I miss a lot of important calls. I tried to ask Mobvoi about it, but got just ignored. I also tried to create a new topic about this problem in this forum and it looks like moderators just delete it.

So after only three month of use, I’m now wondering why I have this “thing” around my wrist.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:16 am

letnic wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:13 pm
Count me in. My TicWatch E stopped giving me regular notifications. Instead, it gives me erratic messages of things past or tha didn’t was set for.

But the more frustrating is, no more incoming call notification. So I miss a lot of important calls. I tried to ask Mobvoi about it, but got just ignored. I also tried to create a new topic about this problem in this forum and it looks like moderators just delete it.

So after only three month of use, I’m now wondering why I have this “thing” around my wrist.
Hi,

I have directly emailed you to follow up on this.

Best,
Jamie

no avatar
Jlee215

Post by Jlee215 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:35 am

Jamie wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:16 am
letnic wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi,

I have directly emailed you to follow up on this.

Best,
Jamie

Did you ever get a response?

no avatar
michelk18

Post by michelk18 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:44 am

I just got my ticwatch E. I don't get phone calls notification either. As far as gmail is concerned I had to buy a $3.00 app to have my mail. Meanwhile my "old" original google watch works just fine. I always buy stuff from amazon so I have another 20 days before I send back this "thing" that is just a watch. As a software dev I really believe you should take action to inform your clients about issues. Best.