Allow multi-task when Fitness app is running

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
Dani
Cash on hand: Locked

Allow multi-task when Fitness app is running

Post by Dani » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:46 am

Currently when the Fitness app is running the screen is locked to that app and you can't swipe out of it unless you stop it. This means that if you're out running or at the gym and playing music from your phone then you can't control it to play next or up/down volume etc. You can't even check the time!

So here's my proposal for a user story (assuming the devs use Agile).

As a Ticwatch user,
I want to be able to do perform other task while the Fitness app is running,
so that I can track my workout while been able to control my music, check the time, receive notifications and pretty much access any other areas of the watch without having to stop the Fitness app and been able to come back to it at any time.

no avatar
bibet80

Re: Allow multi-task when Fitness app is running

Post by bibet80 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:19 am

Dani wrote:Currently when the Fitness app is running the screen is locked to that app and you can't swipe out of it unless you stop it. This means that if you're out running or at the gym and playing music from your phone then you can't control it to play next or up/down volume etc. You can't even check the time!

So here's my proposal for a user story (assuming the devs use Agile).

As a Ticwatch user,
I want to be able to do perform other task while the Fitness app is running,
so that I can track my workout while been able to control my music, check the time, receive notifications and pretty much access any other areas of the watch without having to stop the Fitness app and been able to come back to it at any time.

Press the crown button and you will be able to access other menus from the watch face.

no avatar
Dani

Re: Allow multi-task when Fitness app is running

Post by Dani » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:54 am

bibet80 wrote:Press the crown button and you will be able to access other menus from the watch face.

Yes got this advice from a Facebook user... I couldn't figure it out because all other apps like stopclock, timer, etc will let you just swip off it and the back.