Feature Request: Follow (and control) Android’s “Do not disturb”

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
Dani
Cash on hand: Locked

Feature Request: Follow (and control) Android’s “Do not disturb”

Post by Dani » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:35 am

Every other day I get to mid-morning wondering why haven’t I got any notifications on my watch only to realise that I had left it in Sleep mode. On my phone (Android 7.0) I have automatic rules configured to avoid been woken up at night. With the watch I have to set it manually. I’ve also been in a situation where I forget to set Sleep mode in the watch at night and I’ll be waken up in the middle of the night with a notification.

It would be great to have some integration with the Phone’s OS “Do not disturb” (Total silence, Alarms only and Priority only) so that the watch follows the phone, and the phone follows the watch in case you want to turn them off from the watch.

Imagine the amount of use cases this would cover! Apart from the overnight use case mentioned above, it’ll be very useful when going into a meeting or the cinema and you just set the watch on mute and it will also set your phone on mute.

I know it’s a big feature, but maybe it could start with something as simple as scheduled Sleep mode on the watch?

no avatar
bibet80

Re: Feature Request: Follow (and control) Android’s “Do not disturb”

Post by bibet80 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:13 am

Dani wrote:Every other day I get to mid-morning wondering why haven’t I got any notifications on my watch only to realise that I had left it in Sleep mode. On my phone (Android 7.0) I have automatic rules configured to avoid been woken up at night. With the watch I have to set it manually. I’ve also been in a situation where I forget to set Sleep mode in the watch at night and I’ll be waken up in the middle of the night with a notification.

It would be great to have some integration with the Phone’s OS “Do not disturb” (Total silence, Alarms only and Priority only) so that the watch follows the phone, and the phone follows the watch in case you want to turn them off from the watch.

Imagine the amount of use cases this would cover! Apart from the overnight use case mentioned above, it’ll be very useful when going into a meeting or the cinema and you just set the watch on mute and it will also set your phone on mute.

I know it’s a big feature, but maybe it could start with something as simple as scheduled Sleep mode on the watch?

It has scheduled power saver mode. Go to settings --> power saving --> scheduled power save.

no avatar
Dani

Post by Dani » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:30 pm

bibet80 wrote:It has scheduled power saver mode. Go to settings --> power saving --> scheduled power save.

Yes but it's not the same thing really... you basically loose all functionality with this, even the BT connection. This solution, while not ideal, it's acceptable for the overnight while I sleep use case.
But other use cases like on a meeting, cinema, etc it would be great to have more watch-phone integration on this area.

no avatar
Candid

Post by Candid » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:45 pm

The best would be to get Tasker compatibility so you can very precise configure the watch's behaviour to your needs. I use tasker since ages for having different profiles for my phone at home, at work, during the day and night or in conjunction with calendar events and so on.

Scheduled power mode is ok for saving battery while you normally sleep but not more.