A few how to questions

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
chris
Cash on hand: Locked

A few how to questions

Post by chris » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:52 pm

I got my ticwatch 2 today and I have a few questions about some functionality.

How can you turn off the screen? With out going in to ambient mode and dimming it?
Can you set the screen to turn of while in dock mode (charging)
How can you invert the scroll direction of the sidebar?

Thanks

no avatar
Pritel03

Re: A few how to questions

Post by Pritel03 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:15 am

Turn the screen off by placing your palm on the screen.

To enable dock mode you have to enable developer settings and turn on "screen on while charging". I don't remember how to turn on developer settings, you'll have to use the search on the forums, it's here somewhere... That's how I did it.

I don't think you can invert the scroll yet. It's super annoying as I feel it's counterintuitive on which way it scrolls :x

no avatar
chris

Post by chris » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:03 am

Thanks for the reply

I apologize for not elaborating myself, with ambient mode on, when I put my palm on the screen it only dims it. The only way I found to turn off the display is by turning off ambient mode and then place palm. Is there a theater mode (blackout) like on android wear?

On the same issue is there a way to turn off the screen while charging? I have bad experience from my moto 360, the dock mode charging animation caused screen burn in so I am trying to avoid that this time.

no avatar
nachtritter

Post by nachtritter » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi Chris,

If you disable the ambient mode, then (in my experience) the watch face will turn off during charging. If you also disable the "Tilt to wake" feature, then it should not turn on the display unless you tap the face or the crown. If you want to go a step further, you can put the watch into "Power Saving Mode", in which case it will not do notifications and will not track sensors until you disable the mode. You can turn it on to check time (and to disable the power saving mode) with a click of the crown. This is the mode I use when I'm in the theater.

Mike

no avatar
jbernal

Post by jbernal » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:38 pm

When starting fitness --> run, the watch says wait for GPS. It then returns to the previous screen and there is no indication if or when the GPS is locked. I never know when I can start my run.

On the GARMIN, there is a notification "GPS READY"

no avatar
Candid

Post by Candid » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:03 pm

It waits for GPS and when GPS is ready the message disappears. You should see an arrow (symbol for GPS is on) in the top area of the quick card where the symbol for the connection with the companion, the date, the flight mode, silent mode and vibration mode toggle and watch power and smartphone power are shown. YOu cannot manually turn on or off GPS.

You can open this Quick Card and tap on the upper area where the connection symbol for the companion app is. Then you should see the help guide for the symbols where you can see how the GPS symbol looks like.

no avatar
jbernal

Post by jbernal » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:11 pm

OK tank you - I will try it again later :)

no avatar
KampongBoy

Post by KampongBoy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:24 pm

If you want to use an unobtrusive watchface during a movie, I'd recommend Steel. whether its on ambient mode or normal mode, it's pretty nondescript and almost no light (just s mall sliver)

no avatar
Rich

Post by Rich » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:01 pm

Another "how to" question... is there a way to quickly clear all notifications at once? It's time consuming to swipe away each notification one at a time when there are more than just a few. Thanks!

no avatar
Rich

Post by Rich » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:03 pm

Scratch the last question. Found an earlier post. Long-press on the notification screen and the "clear all" option displays. Nicely implemented!