A few how to questions

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
jerryeight
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: A few how to questions

Post by jerryeight » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi jbernal,

I have posted a new Jerry Tic Tips at the link below and the issue focuses on the Fitness features of the watch, including checking the GPS status. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

http://forum.ticwear.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1679

no avatar
romcarlos

Post by romcarlos » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:30 pm

chris wrote:Thanks for the reply

I apologize for not elaborating myself, with ambient mode on, when I put my palm on the screen it only dims it. The only way I found to turn off the display is by turning off ambient mode and then place palm. Is there a theater mode (blackout) like on android wear?

On the same issue is there a way to turn off the screen while charging? I have bad experience from my moto 360, the dock mode charging animation caused screen burn in so I am trying to avoid that this time.
A theatre mode would be amazing. I've been turning my watch off completely every time I go watch a film because ambient mode is still too bright.

no avatar
Zigmund

Post by Zigmund » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:05 pm

chris wrote:I got my ticwatch 2 today and I have a few questions about some functionality.

How can you turn off the screen? With out going in to ambient mode and dimming it?
Can you set the screen to turn of while in dock mode (charging)
How can you invert the scroll direction of the sidebar?

Thanks
I found that I can turn off the screen (i have ambient mode on) with pressing the crown button and then immediately palming the screen... That way i can turn off the screen without changing the setting. Hope it works for you :)

no avatar
Zigmund

Post by Zigmund » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:57 am

chris wrote:I got my ticwatch 2 today and I have a few questions about some functionality.

How can you turn off the screen? With out going in to ambient mode and dimming it?
Can you set the screen to turn of while in dock mode (charging)
How can you invert the scroll direction of the sidebar?

Thanks
About turning off the screen:
A quick way to turn off the screen (even if you have ambient mode on) it to press the crown button and then immediately cover the watch with your hand. It will turn off the screen and wont turn on until you touch the screen (if you have touch to wake on) or press the crown button. Hope this works for ...

no avatar
Candid

Post by Candid » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:26 pm

This does not work for me. When I press the crown the display wakes up, when I cover the display with my palm it simply goes to ambient mode but not of. But htis would me a nice feature wakeup the display by pressing the crown an immediately cover the display with the palm to turn the display completely of and only wakeup by crown pressing. A shortcut for powe save mode.

no avatar
Zigmund

Post by Zigmund » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Candid wrote:This does not work for me. When I press the crown the display wakes up, when I cover the display with my palm it simply goes to ambient mode but not of. But htis would me a nice feature wakeup the display by pressing the crown an immediately cover the display with the palm to turn the display completely of and only wakeup by crown pressing. A shortcut for powe save mode.
First you have to have the screen ON. Then press the crown button to go to ambient mode (so the button press "turns off" the screen) and then immediately palm the screen. That's how it works for me...

no avatar
Candid

Post by Candid » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Doesn't work for me. This turns the screen on.