Battery Issue - watch useless

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Fennek
Cash on hand: Locked

Battery Issue - watch useless

Post by Fennek » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Hello,

since last week I have a issue with the watch that makes it useless.
I can only start it when it's on the charger otherwise it just won't boot.
Even if I seccessfully start the watch, the battery goes down within the next 15 minutes. I can look at the watch and see how the it drops every few seconds.
I made a factory reset and also reinstalled the companion app but nothings seems to help. I am not sure if it's really the battery or a bug that shows the wrong batterylife. When I place it on the charger it's back to 100% within seconds. Still it goes off when it reaches 0 %.

no avatar
Candid

Re: Battery Issue - watch useless

Post by Candid » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:26 pm

This really sounds like the battery is dead.

no avatar
jerryeight

Post by jerryeight » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:36 am

Hey,

Have you updated the watch to Ticwear OS 4.4.2? If you are using an iPhone, update it to iOS 10.2. We have many users who have no issues using this setup.

no avatar
Fennek

Post by Fennek » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:58 pm

Hey thanks for the reply.
I am using 4.4.2 with Android 6.0.1. Can i reinstall the whole watch OS somehow? I don't think it has something to do with the smartphone as the battery drops even in flight mode.
What if it's really a hardware battery issue? What do I do? I got the watch via your Kickstarter.

ak1

Post by ak1 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:02 am

Fennek,

To factory reset your Ticwatch 2 do the following:

From the watchface swipe from right to left to bring up the apps menu

Scroll down to "Settings" & click on it

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of that list and look 3 options from the bottom. You should see "Factory Reset", click on that.

On the next screen, click on the box next to "clear data" to select it.

Finally, select the blue tick at the bottom and your watch should factory reset.

Once it's back up and running I'd suggest charging it for around 3 hours to make sure it's fully charged, then see how long it lasts.

If you still have the battery issue after that it's looking like a hardware fault. Report back after you've reset & charged it.

Good luck

AK1

no avatar
Fennek

Post by Fennek » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Hey,

thanks for the reply. I reset it again as described. Still the watch only boots when it's on the charger. Otherwise it shows the logo but won't start.
When placed and started on the charger it always shows 100% but after taking it off the charger it rapidly loses power (<20min).
So still same problem.

ak1

Post by ak1 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:32 pm

That sucks, hopefully Mobvoi will look after a repair/replacement for you!

The procedure is shown on their website:

To make a warranty claim pursuant to this Limited Warranty, you must contact Mobvoi and provide relevant information within the Warranty Period by visiting warranty.ticwear.com. The information must include: (1) proof of purchase from Mobvoi or an authorized reseller, (2) a description of the problem or defect, (3) the date the defect was first discovered, and (4) your address and phone number.
After reviewing your claim, Mobvoi will notify you whether your claim is denied or conditionally accepted, or whether Mobvoi needs additional information. If Mobvoi requests additional information, you must provide the information within 30 days of Mobvoi’s request or your claim becomes void.
If your claim is conditionally accepted, Mobvoi will send you a Return Merchandise Authorization ("RMA"). You must return the Product(s) to Mobvoi (at the address provided by Mobvoi), along with the proof of purchase and the RMA, within 30 days of the date Mobvoi sent you the RMA. If you fail to return the Product(s), proof of purchase, and RMA, along with any other information requested by Mobvoi, within this 30-day period, your claim becomes void.
If upon receiving the Product Mobvoi determines that you do not have a valid claim under this Limited Warranty (including, but not limited to, because the Product(s) do not suffer from a defect covered by this Limited Warranty), Mobvoi reserves the right to deny your claim. If Mobvoi accepts your claim, Mobvoi will provide a remedy as described in this Limited Warranty.from Mobvoi; and (c) return the Product(s) to Mobvoi with proof of purchase from Mobvoi or an authorized reseller as directed by Mobvoi to the address specified by Mobvoi in connection with the RMA.