Answer to text/messenger in other language

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
gabfrech
Cash on hand: Locked

Answer to text/messenger in other language

Post by gabfrech » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi guys!

First, I would like to wish a Merry Christmas to all of you:) I receive the TicWatch 2 for Christmas and the only complain I have about it is the quick reply fonction.

Indeed, I'm a french canadian, so I would to be able to answer back in french. The tic AI is able to translate, via Bing, what I'm asking him, so maybe, at least, It could be nice to make him translate what I want to answer to my message :)

I'm not that good in english, so I hope you've understand my suggestion :)

Best regards,
Gabriel

no avatar
iSasFTW

Re: Answer to text/messenger in other language

Post by iSasFTW » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:39 pm

I think what we need is something like Google Now/Google Assistant's "second languages" feature. Using it, you can set up various languages it can understand alongside English (or whatever the primary language is).
So, i could for example say, "send a text to (french name), (message in french)"
If it was possible to integrate Google's voice to text into Tico, i think it would work pretty well.

For now though, you can create custom quick replies in your own language. To do this, go into the companion app, and enable the "improved messages" feature (I don't know if that's exactly what it's called), and change what you want the buttons to say. Now, when someone sends you a message, you can reply with your own custom messages instead of the ones that come with the watch, that are in English.

no avatar
gabfrech

Post by gabfrech » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Yes something like that would be great! Then thank you, I didn't know that there was the possibility to change the quick reply fonction ;)

no avatar
cyborg

Post by cyborg » Wed May 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Unfortunately, my messaging app on my phone (Signal Messenger) only has full functionality when the "Optimize SMS Messages" feature is turned off. I don't understand why setting custom quick replies is tied to this feature when the default quick reply feature is enabled even when the "Optimize SMS Messages" feature is turned off.

They should be separate features in the Notification settings. Why is this not the case?

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Thu May 18, 2017 6:52 am

hi,

Please note that when users couldn't receive SMS messages, then"Optimize SMS Message" is needed to enable. It is used for Message optimization.