Unable to turn on the watch

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
rakesh
Cash on hand: Locked

Unable to turn on the watch

Post by rakesh » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:24 pm

I got the watch yesterday night. I was able to turn it on by pressing the Crown and paired it with my phone. The watch died after sometime and showed a power symbol when pressed the Crown. I thought the battery was down and recharged it for more than 2 hours and am still unable to turn on the watch. Long pressed the crown and there is nothing on the screen. Any suggestions please?

no avatar
luker

Re: Unable to turn on the watch

Post by luker » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:33 am

In my case the watch ran out of juice and it was not charging because of a simple error of placing the charger on the wrong side.

The wireless charger non-slip rubber side should be on the table surface and the watch Underside sit nicely in the sunken plastic top of the charger.

If the charging wire are plug in correctly, you should see a watch charging display on the watch and it nicely shows the status of charge.

The charging wire is standard micro-USB, so you can check if the charging wire is working in the first place by plugging it into any Android phone or compatible device.

Hope this helps. ;)

no avatar
rakesh

Post by rakesh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:35 pm

It turned on today for a quick minute and died again. The battery was at 2% when it turned on. I did placed the watch correctly on the plastic top. Looks like I got a lemon. Will try to reach out to Support and get an exchange/refund.

Thanks.

no avatar
ethanchim10

Post by ethanchim10 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:55 pm

Did you ever get this resolved? Mine just did this today to me after a great 2 months

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:31 am

ethanchim10 wrote:Did you ever get this resolved? Mine just did this today to me after a great 2 months
When the watch is in low power, it will shut down automatically and couldnt turn on unless being charged again.
Please put it on charger and check whether it is fully charged.BTW what it your watch OS version?

no avatar
murcalumis

Post by murcalumis » Mon May 15, 2017 10:18 pm

Same with me. Today my watch didn't start at all. When I press the crown only a flash appears and that's it. Tried to charge the watch but that doesn't seem to help.

no avatar
murcalumis

Post by murcalumis » Wed May 17, 2017 6:26 am

In the meantime the watch seems to be dead. I haven't been able to charge it and the screen remains dark. Nothing happens if I press the crown no matter how long I press it. Any ideas?

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Thu May 18, 2017 6:55 am

Did you try to charge it with other chargers? Does the watch warm when it is on the dock?

no avatar
murcalumis

Post by murcalumis » Mon May 22, 2017 9:07 pm

In the meantime my problem is solved. It turned out that the cable that I bought for my spare charging dock (forgot my cable at home) was the problem. Back at home I could charge the watch without any problems. After charging the watch started and everything is fine now.

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Wed May 24, 2017 9:40 am

Good feedback! Enjoy your Ticwatch!!