OFF VIBRATION

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
jaaviieer
Cash on hand: Locked

OFF VIBRATION

Post by jaaviieer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi, I'm a new user as I just got my first TicWatch 2 today!

I'm not sure if there is this option in Beta, but I've already updated to the latest software. There is no option to disable vibrations.

I suggest that such option can be available at the notification settings, where it applies to all system-wide notifications. Or, we can apply it to app-by-app basis. Or we can swipe down and there will be a card for notifications, to silence our TW2. Maybe there can be an option in the loop for NO sound NO vibration and YES sound No vibration.

Notifications from various WhatsApp groups and other messenger apps are vibrating my TW2 nonstop. I'm a minimalist who wants to prolong my battery life wherever I could. Shorter duration, or even mild vibration option will also be appreciated.

Cheers!

no avatar
iSasFTW

Re: OFF VIBRATION

Post by iSasFTW » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:33 am

It is possible to change how much it vibrates. Just go to settings -> sound & vib -> vibrate

Also, remember that there are two silent modes; The DND Mode, which doesn't make a sound and doesn't vibrate, and a silent mode, which vibrates, but has no sound.

Hope this helps!

-Sas

no avatar
Mousey

Post by Mousey » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:36 am

Still no good. I'd prefer an option for only sound.

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:25 am

thanks for your suggestions. Currently you can adjust the vibration intensity between strong and normal by settings-sound&vib. If you donnot want to receive notifications, you can disable the corresponding app notification reminder on your phone, or enable DND mode on your watch, just as what iSasFTW proposed.
And also, we'll consider the feasibility of such suggestion and keep you updated.thanks!

no avatar
Mousey

Post by Mousey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:26 am

What I find is that the vibration function is very strong even in normal, which is great but. I used a Sony smartwatch 3 for nearly 3 years. I used it in low vibration mode. Personally I'd love a low vibration setting for the ticwatch2. I'd only use strong if I was sleeping, I find there's no need for it to be that strong if I'm awake.

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:02 am

hi, thanks for your feedback. We've noticed this issue and will evaluate the possibility. we'll keep you posted.

no avatar
BusaKaine

Post by BusaKaine » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:20 am

My wife also finds the vibration too strong. She works in a quite office and today she said it was annoying her co-workers. Until there is an option to disable vibrate, she won’t be able to use the watch. This is so far an expensive paper weight. :(