to buy or not to buy that is the question

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
alberto1719
Cash on hand: Locked

to buy or not to buy that is the question

Post by alberto1719 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:33 am

Hi!!
I friend of mine wants to trade his T2 Onyx version for a my Lotus watch (aprox value 130€). do you think it's a good barter? I know how much the retail price is... but I mean if T2 is worthwhile. I would use it with an Android phone.

no avatar
alberto1719

Re: to buy or not to buy that is the question

Post by alberto1719 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:02 pm

any idea?? thanks in advance!!

no avatar
bitflung

Post by bitflung » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:30 am

I know nothing about lotus watches, but I'm favoring my T2 over my Bulova watch right now (self winding, sapphire, etc). I got the cheaper T2 and am quite happy. Just be sure the advertised out-of-the-box features fully satisfy what you want, the is effectively zero third party developer support so far.

no avatar
jerryeight

Post by jerryeight » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Hi All,

On the contrary, we have many third party developers partnering with us bring their apps to our watch. Recently, we announced our partnership with Watchmaker. For more information, please check out our full post at the following link: http://forum.ticwear.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1778

Cheers!

no avatar
dbornyk

Post by dbornyk » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Some of the posts hint at Android Wear 2.0. Just be patient and read through the posts and you'll see these guys have already done 3 watch updates. Give them some time and you'll see some very cool things, I'm sure.

no avatar
bitflung

Post by bitflung » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:39 am

jerryeight wrote:Hi All,

On the contrary, we have many third party developers partnering with us bring their apps to our watch. Recently, we announced our partnership with Watchmaker. For more information, please check out our full post at the following link: http://forum.ticwear.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1778

Cheers!
That's all well and good, but it is future looking. Right NOW we get pretty much precisely the out of box experience without anything else. That's OK, it takes time to build an ecosystem (or the compatibility layers to borrow from another ecosystem) but there is no guarantee if or when a broad selection of third party apps will generally be available. So for this guy who asked the question i think it matters to establish what he should expect for the first x-weeks/months of ownership.

He might be perfectly happy with the built in features (i am) but if not he surely can't expect third party apps on day number one (when buyer's remorse might set in).

Keep expectations low and strive to over deliver.

no avatar
bitflung

Post by bitflung » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:41 am

dbornyk wrote:Some of the posts hint at Android Wear 2.0. Just be patient and read through the posts and you'll see these guys have already done 3 watch updates. Give them some time and you'll see some very cool things, I'm sure.
I'm hopeful those hints pan out to something real, but i wouldn't suggest someone make their purchasing decision on potential vaporware. The watch is already great and might be enough for the OP, but if they expect more right away they will be (perhaps temporarily) very disappointed.

no avatar
dbornyk

Post by dbornyk » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:38 am

Yes. A person shouldn't make a decision to buy based on vapourware. I'm simply saying if alberto1719 is interested in the TicWatch 2 there have been numerous updates, they are making good connections like Watchmaker, the OS they have is really decent, etc; so there is a lot to trade for. Just input and thoughts.

no avatar
eksdi

Post by eksdi » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:27 am

jerryeight wrote:Hi All,

Cheers!
This thing over here is the reason, why i got myself a T2. Looking forward to it. *cheers

no avatar
tically-tic

Post by tically-tic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:54 pm

dbornyk wrote:Some of the posts hint at Android Wear 2.0. Just be patient and read through the posts and you'll see these guys have already done 3 watch updates. Give them some time and you'll see some very cool things, I'm sure.
We all are waiting for these new cool features I think.